• Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
@Booknerd:  Congrats on the job!

Post # 34
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

How’s everyone doing?

This week has been a HUGE mess for us. SO got a job that’s too long of a commute so we’ve been looking for new places. We were denied for the only one we applied to because they want us EACH to make enough to cover 2x the rent and I don’t. Now we’re scambling to find another place and just have SO apply. In the meantime, we gave a vague 30 notice to our current apartment, but they wanted an actual move-out date. Today we get back to a notice on the door wanting us to sign a contract saying we’ll be out by MONDAY. Um… we already paid this month’s rent and gave notice on the 1st! So we have to figure that out.

I’m just going a little crazy living in a half-packed apartment with no sense of where I might be living in a week. I think the fact that my sister, her baby & her baby daddy are all moving in with my dad next month is kind of making it worse. I have no intention of breaking up with my SO, but I guess my old room at Dad’s was always sort of available in my mind should anything happen. Now my sister will be in it with the baby in her old room. So my (totally unneeded) safety net is gone right when I’m feeling really unsettled and vulnerable. 

The good news? Paying for a wedding is the LAST thing on my mind right now πŸ˜›

Post # 35
1237 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@MexiPino:  Aww lia! It’ll get better soon. You’ll find something great and soon and you’ll look back and laugh later. πŸ™‚ 

It’s been a rough week for me as well. The SO is letting me peek at venue spaces but doesn’t seem to really want to talk about things in a more serious manner. Not that I blame him. Mostly, we’ve been discussing the other things we need to get straightened out before the wedding can take place.

Post # 36
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@aithinne:  Ooo you’re looking at venues? That is awesome!

Well we found a place! It’s not my ideal, but it’s clean and a good amount of space. Mostly it’s just nice to KNOW. 

I’m pretty proud of myself- SO got his final check from his old job (including vacation payout) and it’s quite substantial. In fact, it’s “my ring budget” more than what he expected it to be! πŸ˜› But when he showed me and said how much “extra” I immediately said “Let’s buy furniture!!!” I’m pretty excited I didn’t immediately jump to “buy my ring, dammit!!” πŸ˜€ Of course, now that I thought of it I’m kinda hoping he thinks of that himself. 

Post # 37
1237 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@MexiPino:  Good on you for talking about furniture instead of rings. I’m sure he’ll get that ring for you in no time. 

We are only looking at venues at the moment, getting an idea of what things cost. We were at a friends wedding last night, and we discussed what we liked/didn’t like about their reception space, so that was good. Mostly, it’s a whole lot of talk. *sigh*

Post # 38
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@aithinne:  Talk is better than no talk!

And I am seriously starting to think that SO has somehow managed to start spying on my Weddingbee posts! Yesterday he tells me “Just so you know, I do realize I could buy your ring with the money.” WHAT?! I got super nervous. Especially when he followed it up with “I just wanted you to know that I thought of it… I considered it.” I tried to drop it but eventually asked why he was speaking in the past tense. He said he thinks there are too many things up in the air with our move and paying that chunk of money right now would be irresponsible. He’s totally right. I’m not bummed or anything, but it was a super weird conversation to be having. 

Post # 39
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@aithinne:  

View original reply
@FutureDrAtkins:  

View original reply
@cupcake0250:  

View original reply
@kandykane1:  

View original reply
@Laurenplusalex:  

View original reply
@purpledaisies:  

View original reply
@MrsNewDay:  

View original reply
@MrsTea:  

View original reply
@pineapplez17:  

I wanted to let you ladies know that 

View original reply
@Booknerd has asked me to take over the Pact for a while. She’s got a lot going on (yay new job!) and I’m happy to step in. I’ll be putting up a new Pact on Monday and we’ll stick to the 2 week format. I’m sure she’ll check in at some point to say bye-for-now. πŸ™‚

Post # 40
Hostess
10359 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Chicago, IL

View original reply
@MexiPino:  Good luck! I am no longer a part of the pact, as it worked for me and I am now engaged!!  

Ladies, believe me… it WORKS! Don’t talk about it around your guy, use the Bee as a source to vent. There are plenty of women here sharing in our frustrations, excitement and anxiety.  I used this as an outlet so I could leave him alone for awhile, and needless to say, it defintely helped and payed off. To all the waiting bees, THERE IS HOPE! And there is BLING at the end of the tunnel LOL

Post # 41
1237 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@FutureDrAtkins:  Congratulations!!!!

View original reply
@MexiPino:  Sweet! Thank you for being willing to take over and keep this going for us! If he’s spying on you…well bully for him, it means that he cares enough to know that it’s important to you. Drop a few more hints!

Post # 42
1220 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@MexiPino:  hooray! thanks for taking over πŸ™‚ I have been doing well (sorta) since he told me that he’s making payments on the ring! I’m so excited, I just want to know when it’s going to happen lol. I need to focus on researching for my thesis so technically I should be occupied for the next few months but I can’t help it! Sign me up from now til my summer courses end in September! Ironically my 8 year anniversary is in September..hmmm could it be then lol who knows? Anyway I hope everyone is dong well!

Post # 43
1350 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
@MexiPino:  Congrats on taking it over for a bit!  You’ll rock it πŸ™‚

View original reply
@FutureDrAtkins:  Congrats!  That is great.  And thanks for the advice – will continue to keep my mouth SHUT!! πŸ™‚

Post # 44
1459 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

Thank you for taking over lia! I’d love to join in next time and was wondering if it had been stopped just as I was hoping to get in on the action XD

Post # 45
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@FutureDrAtkins:  Squee!! Sorry I missed that but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Post # 46
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Oops! New Pacts go up on Tuesday! I think I was confusing it with The List. Tomorrow it is…. make sure to update us on how you did (over the past MONTH!!!) so I can assign prizes!

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 6/11 – 6/25’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors