(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 6/11 – 6/25

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 47
2571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@FutureDrAtkins: 

I totally agree! I got engaged yesterday, and one of the things that SO casually mentioned after the proposal (when I was admiring my ring) was that I couldn’t initially shut up about it. But once I calmed down (::cough cough:: joined SIUP ::cough cough::) for a few months, he was able to plan the proposal, and it happened yesterday.

Ladies, if you and your man are truly on the same page regarding commitment/engagement/marriage and you’ve expressed what you want, TRUST HIM to follow through on his end of the deal. I’m glad that while it was hard and a little bit sad at times, I kept my patience and got what I wanted in the end. 🙂

Post # 48
2571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@MexiPino:  Thank you for taking this over even though I’m no longer part of the SIUP wagon.

For those bees still waiting – it works as long as you and SO are on the same page!!! 🙂

Post # 49
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

@MrsNewDay:  WOW! Congratulations! And we definitely appreciate the words of encouragement. 🙂

Post # 50
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Well, I’ve been mostly quiet on my end. We attended a friend’s wedding on Friday, and he’s been bringing it up a lot, I’ve been answering his questions and commenting on his comments, but I wasn’t the one to bring it up. I didn’t even watch any …oh wait, I watched a SYTTD episode. Overall, I didn’t do too awfully bad I guess.

Post # 51
Hostess
9737 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Chicago, IL

@MrsNewDay:  Yes!  Congratulations!  It’s hard and definitely is an emotional rollercoaster… but I think it’s entirely by design of our own minds.  

Post # 52
1145 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I honestly thought that this pact was about not having sex with the SO as a way to force him to propose! lmbo!! 

This is really a good pact. I shall join one of these weeks.

Post # 53
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

@tiff-tiff-tiff:  YAY! New Pact threads go up on alternate Tuesdays. I took over from Booknerd a few weeks ago. 

And noooo… I would seriously lose my mind if we had a no-sex pact! LOL

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 6/11 – 6/25’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors