(Closed) The 'Shut It Up' Pact 8/13- 8/18

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 18
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Lately I bring it up to him once a week 🙁 and it’s awful because all it’s doing is ruining the surprise for me because then he reveals all the “steps” he’s been taking.. (research, ring shopping).. But even thougH I know this I still can’t stop bringing it up.. Then I just kick myself later for talking about it.. I know it’s going to happen some time soon, but he’s still looking around for a ring.. So I don’t know how soon.. And literally everyone around me is getting engaged and asking me how I feel about it and when my guy is going tO ask me… It’s awful 

Post # 19
115 posts
Blushing bee

Ok ladies…i’m going to try! After this past weekend, I need the Shut Up pact lol!  Honestly…i’m kinda thinking MAYBE this next saturday when we go hiking at Mt Rainier, but I’m not expecting it at all.  I know he is planning a proposal, so I just need to sit pretty and wait.

IT”S SO FREAKIN HARD!!!  

And yeah, I’ll make sure my nails are done for saturday’s hike.  They pretty much always stay nice now, and will until, and after, I have a ring lol

Post # 20
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Temecula, California

I’m in just last week I was telling him I can’t wait for his cousins wedding. He tells me he can’t wait for our wedding so we can get it done and over with and so I can shut up about all my plans

Post # 21
190 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I fudged already ladies. Yes, on the very first day.

I was upset. SO is military, and as I wrap my head around the idea that I will be marrying a guy in the military, I realize all the other crap I will have to put up with because of his job.  

Anywho, can I have a redo, starting today?

Post # 22
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

This a great idea! One I was never good at. I’ll root for all of you waiting bees to do well with it! Good luck!

Post # 23
54 posts
Worker bee

I’m In…although my favourite series “don’t tell the bride” is starting again tonight in the UK so is it against the rules of the pact if I watch it??

Post # 24
318 posts
Helper bee

So far so good haven’t mentioned anything. Then again I don’t live with him so it hasnt been too hard lol Tonight I will be getting together with him so this will be the true test of my willpower!

Post # 25
141 posts
Blushing bee

I have been good so far. I am trying to just be a good girlfriend. I’m hoping if I can remind him that I was not always crazy perhaps that will speed things along.

Post # 26
603 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I told him I was watching say yes to the dress with my mom…does that count as breaking the pact?? LOL. I have watched that show with him before so he knows I like it…Other than that I was good:)

Post # 27
115 posts
Blushing bee

uhhhh…i screwed up last night lol.  Well, i wouldn’t say screw up per se, but SO was talking over the weekend about doing a vow renewal ceremony later on, and doing a quickie wedding sooner due to Military stuff (just in case), and I told him my thoughts on that (it was YES).  So it really was just a response to something he had asked me the day before. But no wedding talk since then! lol I think I can make it this week.  I know I can! On the plus side, our talk last night was amazing and so great, so I have no worries. Now I just have to stop thinking about the fact that he might propose this weekend….

Post # 28
65 posts
Worker bee

This thread is reminding me of

It totally fits.

Post # 29
93 posts
Worker bee

I blew it and it didn’t go well. Now I’m at work crying. I feel like such an idiot! I wish I could just drop the conversation, and also even stop thinking about it. I have a friend who went like 6 months between trying on rings with her boyfriend to getting engaged and she wasn’t crazy AT ALL about it. I have no idea how she did it. I wish I were her. Instead I’m putting way too much pressure on my boyfriend, and likely pissing him off and overwhelming him. Ok, now for reals I’m back on this pact. NO TALKING ABOUT IT. It’s like I have to tattoo it on my face to remind myself.

Post # 30
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I messed up today, but I was doing soo well! All I said was- ” OMG THESE ARE ON SALE” ( it’s something I want to get my BM’s lol) and he said ” why do you need those?”  me- ” for our bridesmaids” ( insert foot in mouth) His face was priceless!

Well starting again haha

Post # 31
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I only saw this this morning but I’m willing to try :):)

The topic ‘The 'Shut It Up' Pact 8/13- 8/18’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors