(Closed) The 'Shut It Up' Pact 8/13- 8/18

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 32
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Temecula, California

I’m doing alright so far. I only talked to him on the phone yesterday and we didn’t talk long. When we’re on the phone we never do. I’m over at his house now. He’s palying MW3 and I’m on WeddingBee.

Right now I fidn it very easy to not bring it up

Post # 34
1673 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

He actually brought it up last night… HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. 😉

Post # 36
146 posts
Blushing bee

im late on this pact but i want in I have been a “good girl” (so far) and have YET!!!! to ring it up this week but its had cause my birthdays the 28….

Post # 38
603 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  I am happy that the culture helps but the military TOOK HIM AWAY from me so that was pretty hard….:( Because it’s only been a year and change for me so I would not even be “anxiously waiting” now if he was still with me you know?? I’d have a real life boyfriend to enjoy! Instead of a person I call on the phone and see less than once a month!! I’m just trying to focus on the fact that he’s surrounded by married people and hope to God that they aren’t bitching about their wives too much.

I am so glad I’m in the pact because it’s been 8 days since we spoke about anything wedding related and I’m starting to get the itch!! Think I’ll be watching 4 weddings and Bridezillas tonight!

Post # 40
1673 posts
Bumble bee

Ha, well no proposal or anything (believe me, there will be details and ring p*** galore when that happens!) but he did mention that even though the main “commitment hasn’t happened yet” he already does (and has) considered himself deeply commited to me. (Well, that’s a relief!  I already knew it but it’s nice to hear, lol) And he said I’ll make a great wife one day.  It took everything I had not to smirk and ask, “One day as in SOON?”

Post # 41
603 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

that is so nice that he brought it up 🙂 and said nice things:) i am going to try to be happy for you instead of getting down about my own situation.

Post # 42
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Ladies I did soo good today! And SO is working late tonight, we were talking on the phone while he was taking a break. And he said ” I can’t wait to make you my wife” and all I said was ” aww , I know babe” I’m suppeer proud of my self for not taking that as a ‘we can talk about wedding things nowww ‘ lol

Post # 43
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I must have a really really awesome guy!  For the most part, I am a stay at home mother, except for when I get called for a gig, so I’m doing a lot of DIY (helps to pass the time at home).  He comes in from work almost every night and asks me about progress, and wants to see what I’ve been doing.

Sometimes I feel like I’m talking about it too much, but he’s so into it with me, that he asks me.. and wants to HELP!!!   WOW!!!     Last night he halped me with DIY invititation assembly (not the most manliest of ways to spend an evening off work).     I am BLESSED!

I guess if he begins to get annoyed, I’ll jump on the “Shut It Up” bus.

Post # 44
115 posts
Blushing bee

Ack, I had a great post all written out and then the stupid page died on me.  Anywaay….eeeek!!! Tonight SO and I were upstairs while he was studying, and I was playing on my phone, and he asked me if I was busy.  of course I said no…whats up? 

Well, he starts asking me about rings and how I will wear them on my hands, how often will I take them off etc.  he said it had been on his mind a lot!!! 

Not a huge deal really, but I know to us waiting ladies, signs like this are totally awesome.  I haven’t brought ANYTHING up in two days, and he said this on his own accord.  I’m so shocked..and happy, and in awe!! Yaay!!

Post # 45
1673 posts
Bumble bee

@fingerscrossed:  *hugs*  I think we all have our days, girl.  One day we are all “omg I’m so happy for so and so” and the other we are ready to burst into tears at anything sparkly because its not on our finger! lol 😉

So, last night, guess who brought it up AGAIN.  He said the wife thing again, only he said “you make an excellent pre-wife” – to which I smiled sweetly and said knowingly, “you know, there’s another name for what you just called me” and went on doing what I was doing, lol…  Also, we were talking about iPads and Kindles and netbooks and he said an iPad costs $700 and I just gave him a look and he grabbed me and kissed me, saying he “had more important things to spend his money on”.

If he mentions anything again tonight I swear I am going to claw my eyes out.  If he has the damn ring, spare me this build up and give it up already!!!!!!!!! /mini vent

Post # 46
716 posts
Busy bee

I’d love to shut it up, but every time I do, my SO is the one that brings up getting married. hahaha

The topic ‘The 'Shut It Up' Pact 8/13- 8/18’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors