(Closed) The 'Shut It Up' Pact 8/13- 8/18

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 47
1673 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@OneOfTheseDaysAlice:  See my post above…  Ever since the mall incident last week I decided to shut up and now look. *shakeshead*

Post # 49
115 posts
Blushing bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  It seems like it works out, however…my guy is a stubborn stubborn man.  I dont know when he wants to get hitched at all. We made a joint decision that the kids would finish school next year if he got orders sometime during the school year, and I’d come after him.  However, if we do that, it negates the Army moving us as a family, and we’ll have to pay for it ourselves.  I’ve told him it WON’T be cheap to move us, but he is insisting the kids finish the school year.  of course, we’re hoping it wont happen till after the school year is over.  We will make a bit more money with us being married, and that definitely helps for sure, plus  want health insurance again lol.  

I guess though, with him talking about just doing a quick ceremony at the Justice of the Peace to make it legal, that might change everything and maybe he will change his mind about when we move.  Only time will tell.  No denying though, the Army does have some amazing family benefits.

Post # 50
925 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Oh hey, remember how I said since I’m visiting my SO I wouldn’t talk about it?  Totally talked about it.  I got in last night and a bunch of stuff came pouring out.  None of it was bad, and we actually had a really great talk about our future.  We’ll probably continue talking about it this week(end).  So… I guess I’m out, but I’ll resume the pact next week.  It’s good for my sanity not to be so engagement-oriented since I know it won’t be happening for another nine months.  Curse my SO for doing a co-op rotation and pushing back his graduation by a year!  Honestly, though, I’m happy that we get more time to adjust to the idea of me following him. I don’t have to give up nearly as much as I thought, and I think if he graduated this May and I had to follow him right away I would feel a little resentful.  So that’s good!

Post # 51
925 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@mrs_pudding_pop:  

View original reply
@OneOfTheseDaysAlice:  

Oh, I’m with you there!  Last week after a few days of me not talking about it my SO brought of stuff about when I’m his wife TWICE!  I was both surprised and happy!  I guess they think about it more than we think they do, and us not talking about it makes them want to talk about it.  Fine by me!

Post # 52
603 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

every day that passes that we don’t talk about it, i get more sad. i am trying to focus on other things but it is really hard bc we’re in a LDR and it’s not like he’s here to distract me. i wish he would bring it up.

Post # 54
603 posts
Busy bee

@Sweetheartchic:  yeah, you and i are going through the ringer right now!! My SO did not ask me to NOT talk about it, but at the same time he’s not telling me to “trust him” either. BLARGH

Post # 55
1673 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

*gives sweetheartchic and fingerscrossed big hugs*

Sometimes I wish the ‘bee was centrally located so some of us could all hang out!  Sorry if that sounds weird. *slinksaway* 🙂

Post # 56
603 posts
Busy bee

@mrs_pudding_pop:  no that sounds great!! would love to be “letting my feelings out” (aka bitching) with a glass of wine in my hand instead of surreptitiously at the office!

Post # 57
975 posts
Busy bee

@mrs_pudding_pop:  how exciting!

Man I am riding the struggle bus here because I can’t stop thinking about how much I want to talk about it! SO never brings it up concretely, but instead will say things to me like:

– What will your wedding dress be like? (at a friends wedding)

– I can’t stand wedding music, I’m going to personally design the entire playlist for our wedding

– You’re going to be the BEST wife one day.

Give me strength, bees! Only a few more days until I rededicate myself for a new week.

Post # 58
141 posts
Blushing bee

@fingerscrossed: I agree the LDR makes it more difficult. My SO and I only lived near each other for about a year our entire relationship and we were both so busy we still never saw each other. Because I am not willing to move in together before we’re married it’s sort of imperative that it’s on the horizon. Long distance cannot go on forever. 

It’s comforting to know at least that at least I’m not alone. Hopefully soon we will be busy planning our weddings instead of worrying about a proposal. Smile

Post # 60
146 posts
Blushing bee

ok a lil Too Much Information … today was my sons birthday so me and the SO went to the water park and So was very attentive and frisky he sent me a frisky text about my swimsuit ..when we got home we “did the grown up “… during he says he loves me ( ok normal)  he wants me to have his baby (says often) i’m going to make you my wife (new) what are we going to name the baby (whoa) long story short ,,, I asked (afterwards) was it just pillow talk …. he said no but, i still asked him not to bring up babies or marriage untill he is serious about comittment and ready to make that step… he looked really sad and said nothing .. i ased him if he understood he said yea” … idk if i did good or damage but i stuck with it.

Post # 61
115 posts
Blushing bee

ladies, you have to send me the biggest “keep calm and don’t think about it too much” vibes that you can this weekend. Ack! we’re going hiking on saturday and SO has adamantly said “We need to get out of the city”.  It’s such a random thing for him to say, plus hes been dropping other hints like crazy, so I have no idea what’s going on in his head.  I’m nervous and trying not to get my hopes up, but I’m having the hardest time not thinking about it.  

Gah, I wish he’d just hurry up and ask me.  It’s enough to make me go mad!!!  How am I supposed to get through this weekend?

The topic ‘The 'Shut It Up' Pact 8/13- 8/18’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors