(Closed) The Shut It Up Pact (SIUP), December 16th – 31st, 2015

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 32
549 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - Friendship Plaza

View original reply
Perfpersnickety:  YAY!! If there was one of us I wished it more for besides myself, it was OP! Congratulations – can’t wait to hear about it!! But take your time — just ENJOY!

Post # 34
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2017

I’m off the list at long last!!! I was asked in my pjs on Xmas morning…. he almost choked me to death by putting the ring in my champers glass….I didn’t realise it was there for the WHOLE MORNING…. poor guy

Post # 36
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Congrats everyone! No such luck for me. As soon as my self-imposed penalties ran out past 11:59pm Christmas I sent him a note explaining why I was upset (including the joke from earlier in the pact and from Christmas day when his mother basically said she’s not giving him any of his ornaments because our relationship still isn’t real enough after 7 years together) and that I needed some updates to make sure that at least he’s even on the same page as me anymore.

Of course I’m on this stupid trip to Florida right now so I haven’t even seen him since about 8pm Friday… who thought it would be a good idea for me to be in a tiny house with my mother after either scenerio? This is why I shouldn’t agree to things during midterms. I really just want to see him and talk to him about all of this because it’s hard enough getting him to talk in person, getting a reply while I’m out of state is pretty much impossible. 

I’m just in a bad place right now, bees. Haven’t really had time to process the disappointment and it’s starting to get to me. 

Edit: wow did not mean for it to get this long or off topic…. 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  RobynEileen.
Post # 39
345 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Perfpersnickety:  Congrats, I love the color!!!!

Still nothing for me, I’m guessing next year will be my year

Post # 42
724 posts
Busy bee

Still only $2 in the jar (so much easier on Christmas break haha).

I went to the dentist today with my mom and found out I had to get my tooth pulled (in loving memory tooth number 3…) so my mom held my hand while I got my shots (this is still acceptable behavior as an undergrad…. Right?) and to distract me she started talking about what color my bridesmaids dresses should be! Then she started asking if she should show up in red, or white. She was trying to distract me (which worked) but she really managed to confuse the dentist. He kept asking if I was getting married and even told my mom that her wearing a red dress sounded nice! When we left he told me that “evergreen sounds great” because that was the bridesmaid dress color my mom had teased me about. 

When I got home I was trying to figure out why the dentist and his assistant had been acting so weird (as if me being engaged would have been so strange) when I realized that even though Im 21, I look 16-19, the dentist (a resident from the state university) probably didn’t pay attention to my birthdate and my mom had to hold my hands for my shots… They probably thought I was in high school!

Im still debating breaking the pact to tell BF the story (and mention I just got invited to another wedding) I know he would get a tick out of it, but I don’t wanna pay up!

Post # 44
260 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
IveBeenDreaming:  Nothing from him yet. We’ve been missing each other’s calls while I’ve been away and I just found out that we’re driving home on the 1st so I won’t even get to spend NYE with him or my friends. Such a bummer. I got a break from my family yesterday though and WOW I feel much better!

Post # 45
260 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
IveBeenDreaming:  I don’t even know if I have a timeline anymore…..

The topic ‘The Shut It Up Pact (SIUP), December 16th – 31st, 2015’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors