(Closed) The Shut It Up Pact (SIUP) February 1 – 14, 2015

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Do you guys celebrate Valentine's Day?
    Yes, love it! : (31 votes)
    66 %
    Not really our thing. : (16 votes)
    34 %
  • Post # 16
    222 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2017

I’m in again, I’m becoming a pro! i haven’t been on the bee for a couple of days due to being so busy but now I’ve been struck down with winter vomiting… So here I am! Haha. SO is acting odd… Keeps mentioning valentines… He may just be excited as I booked tickets for a show as his Xmas pressie and that’s where we will be on valentines… But he keeps saying about us being away and it’ll be great etc etc. Maybe I’m reading too much into it haha! 

Post # 17
    37 posts
    Newbee

I’m in…. after being spoilt this past weekend and not asking what it was in aid of (my daughter did and he said just because he loves me),  and I will be having a tooth pulled on Fri 13, so I’m going to keep very quiet over the next 2 weeks.  About weddings anyway. Still need to chase him about his divorce (long story)

Post # 18
    318 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2015

I’m in! My boyfriend and I picked out a ring on Saturday and put a down payment on it, and he told me he wants to have it paid off in one or two payments (which means he’ll for sure have it in the house by April, which is the month of our anniversary). It’s getting so close that I think a SIUP would do me some good.

Now if only I could stop my brain from racing with excitement at night so that I could get some sleep. Haha.

Post # 19
    16 posts
    Newbee

I’m out. 

Post # 20
    2020 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
    spinster32:  lol what? Did you fail?

Post # 21
    777 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

View original reply
    MstoMrsH:  we’re seasoned at this point lmao. I see all these new waiting bee names.

Oh gosh I wouldn’t be able stand it. Plus I’m sure you save a couple of dollars not going directly on v-day.  I hope you get your proposal. 

Post # 22
    15 posts
    Newbee

I’m in!  My bf and I picked out a ring last week. He is going in sometime this week to finalize everything and pay for it!! It will take around 6 weeks to come in. After 4.5 years of dating it’s kind of surreal to me right now. So now I need to do my best to SIU and just let it all happen. 

Post # 23
    777 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

View original reply
    WhiteRose07:  oh no! Feel better Hun! Just let it happen try not to get your hopes up just in case. I know how we waiting bees can get lol.

Post # 24
    44 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 2015

My friend is having her bachelorette party on V-day, so I won’t be seeing my SO at all. We don’t really celebrate so its fine with us (although a little disapointing) but some of the other ladies were livid about the clash!

Post # 25
    222 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    Perfpersnickety:  I’m not really expecting it due to the fact that I’ve booked and paid for everything for his Xmas pressie!!!… So it’s just another of those little thoughts us waiting ladies can have! There arent really any hopes riding on it…  im just desperate to be better! 

Post # 26
    2020 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    Perfpersnickety:  I can’t see it happening haha but my fingers are crossed. I do feel like an old hand at this pact haha. It helps a lot though in keepin my mind off bringing it up which I’m thankful for. Helps to hear about other ladies in my boat 😉

View original reply
    Theredblueberry:  We’re at 4.5 years as well and it’s an awesome/surprising feeling knowing the ring is on it’s way. Best of luck with the pact!!

View original reply
    WhiteRose07:  Another old hand in the pact 😀 I hope your V-Day packs a good surprise, especially since he’s really puffing it up. I’d be suspicious to say the least! But I wonder if he doesn’t realize what he’s doing and is just looking forward to being romantic for you haha. Think my bf is doing the same by thinking ahead and making plans for us.. Anyways my fingers are crossed for you and I hope you’re feeling better!

Post # 27
    229 posts
    Helper bee

I’m still in. I’ve done really weIl. Its only been brought up a few times for a small bit of conversation. I guess the only thing I fail at is that me and my SO watch SYTTD together. Lol kind of secretly wishing for a Vday proposal but I’m sure it won’t happen.

Post # 28
    222 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    Perfpersnickety:  
    View original reply
    MstoMrsH:  we are certainly old hands in this now aren’t we! Do either of you feel it gets easier the more time you spend in it? 

So, as you know I’m unwell, tonight he comes home with flowers for me… big deal I hear you say…. it’s not just a big deal, it’s huge, I never get flowers, unless it’s at a time he sees as compulsory, such as valentines when he hasn’t had time to organise anything else… So I very nearly fell off my sick bed! Bless him, that makes him sound bad but he’s not, he’s just not a flowers type of guy! 

Post # 29
    2020 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    WhiteRose07:  AHHH I’m cheesing so hard! I hope that means he’s feeling very loving and very much like making you his wifey 😉 romance the week BEFORE VDay! Ah! Haha okay I shouldn’t get your hopes up too much but man… sounds like he’s moving closer towards proposing.

Sheesh 🙁 I was hoping you’d be feeling better, it’s sucks to be down so long. I’ve heard the flu is horrendous this year.

I feel like it’s easier now that school is back in session, especially because his bday is today and mine is the beginning of march. Then there is VDay and we’re booking a trip for June so my mind is pretty occupied. I keep thinking about it though and I have to stop myself at least once on the weekends from asking silly questions about my ring… lol Do you feel like it’s any easier?

Post # 30
    222 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    MstoMrsH:  haha! I know he genuinely feels bad for me being so ill, it’s not so long since I was fighting for my life in the hospital! He says it’s so unfair for me, so it could genuinely be a sympathy action haha! I don’t know, there’s just something different with him you know, like good different. I feel terrible! And it’s cold and snowy outside, Urgh! 

Im finding it much easier, a lot of it goes on in my head still but somehow it’s easier not to let it slip past my lips.. Maybe it’s just because I come on here and blab

The topic ‘The Shut It Up Pact (SIUP) February 1 – 14, 2015’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors