- 6 years ago
- Wedding: May 2012
Overall our wedding was a HUGE success and the happiest day of our lives!!! Looking back at the pictures, I see a few little things that weren’t done exactly right after I had to excuse myself to the hair/makeup process. I’ll post them so future brides can add them to the list of things to tell your vendors/family to take care of while you get ready.
1) Nobody put a pen with the guest book until halfway through the reception when I noticed! All of my stuff was packed in the bridal dressing room, so we had to grab a pen from our friend who owns an auto shop… It had a little bit of grease stains on it I think, lol (nothing that would come off of the pen) but hey, it had his business info all over it, so he got some free advertisements for his help. 🙂
2) There were some pictures of my grandparents I wanted set out that nobody took out of the “big bin of stuff for the reception.”
3) My mom didn’t try out the easel for my portrait before the wedding, so she didn’t notice she forgot the piece that holds the picture up…. whoops. It was a little sad looking but I was so distracted by all the good stuff that I didn’t really care. I had more portraits on tables and stuff too.
4) Nobody unwrapped our napkins from thier plastic wrapper… so that got in some pics. The photographer didn’t even notice until later. I guess I’ll take that as a complement to the distracting beauty of the cake I made. 🙂
5) A couple things got put on the head table that were supposed to be with the accessory tables… like these lanterns that were dedicated to my deceased grandparents. It wasn’t awful though… I just didn’t want to be redecorating in my bridal dress with everyone watching, lol.
6) My dad didn’t pull his welding truck far enough up after he finished setting up with it. That truck basically paid for the wedding and my life, so I can’t complain much My photographer was very aware of backgrounds, so it was only in a couple pro pics… it was in a lot of my friend’s pics, though.
7) I forgot to clean my engagement ring before the wedding. OOPS. I don’t think it was that noticable though.
8) The men (who never dress up) didn’t know how to use cufflinks or put on bouts or whether to use the pocket triangle… luckily my MOH’s hubby was well versed in all this 🙂
9) The hemline of my dress got torn from someone stepping on it during the ceremony. Luckily I had some double sided tape that I stuck it back up. You could barely tell!!
10) OMG HORSE FLIES. This year there was some aligning of the planets that allowed the horse flies to breed like crazy at our venue. We never saw them in the billion times we visited and the owners said they were never like this in the past. It was very hot very early this year, so that’s probably why. We had to send out mass texts for everyone to bring as much bug repellant as possible! Luckily the flies just stayed in the parking field and didn’t bother us under the reception pavilion or on the ceremony site. People did NOT waste time getting in from thier cars, lol. As a pharmacy student I had lots of hydrocortisone… I think only one person got bit and that was during set up.