(Closed) The Waiting & Engaged Lists – 11/10/10

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’m new to the boards and am WAITING!!!  I’ve been with the Boyfriend or Best Friend for 2.5 years and he’s about to turn 31 and I just turned 28.  He has a steady career as a biologist for a pharmaceutical company and I’m working and planning on going back to school to be an ultrasound technologist in November 2011.  BF knows I want to get married and we’ve talked about it seriously since this past spring and he’s still deciding if he is ready to settle down as he is happy how things are right now.  He has his own house but we do not live together and I won’t live with him until I have a ring.  Lately there has been a lot of tension between us since we’ve had a mutual timeline and it’s getting toward the deadline.  These boards have been helpful knowing that there are others going through similar things as me!  Thanks for all the support!

Post # 4
1110 posts
Bumble bee

Aha!  It is the list!  

So, uh, what if I said that plans had been made… FOR TOMORROW?
Yeah, I’m not sure how that’s going to work, I don’t think it’s serious, but it seems like we’re leaning towards a courthouse todo prior to the big fancy shebang.  
Boyfriend or Best Friend has been super talky about getting it done.  Honeymoons, saving up, all sorts of everything.

So, uh, what if I said that plans had been made… FOR TOMORROW?

Yeah, I’m not sure how that’s going to work, I don’t think it’s serious, but it seems like we’re leaning towards a courthouse todo prior to the big fancy shebang.  

Boyfriend or Best Friend has been super talky about getting it done.  Honeymoons, saving up, all sorts of everything.  He says he doesn’t want to wait any longer than a year to get married…

I guess I should get to sending him that link.

Post # 5
569 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

You can take #138 off the list. As of last night, I’m no longer waiting !!! πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Post # 6
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

I’d like to be put on the list, please πŸ™‚

Post # 7
1577 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

This is my very first post, however, I’ve lurked for probably six months or so, LoL.  I promised myself that I wouldn’t register until I was engaged, but I just couldn’t help myself when I found the waiting boards!

I’m 27 years old and I currently reside in Atlanta, GA.  I’m originally from north Alabama and moved to Atlanta after graduating from college in 2007.  My Boyfriend or Best Friend is 24 and is originally from New Orleans, but moved to GA with his family as a child.  Though he’s 3 years younger everyone thinks he’s older than me, LoL.  I look a bit young for my age… most people guess around 20 or 21.. and he looks (and acts) more mature than 24.  Most people think he’s MY age, and that I’m younger, Lol.

We’ve been together for about 10 months.. which sounds like such a short period of time.  But believe me when I say that I knew he was The One after like 2 or 3 weeks of dating.  We moved in together after 4 months, and everything has been smooth sailing.  He’s absolutely amazing and I don’t know what in the world I was doing before I was with him.. he’s my everything.  Though.. he does say that I gave him a hard time when we first met, Lol.

We’ve talked about getting married and both agreed early on that we didn’t want to drag out a super long relationship before getting married.. we’ve both had long relationships (me- 4.5yrs, him- 5yrs) in the past that went awry and ended up feeling like we wasted a big chunk of time to end up in the same place afterwards.  We decided that if we didn’t feel like the relationship was progressing towards marriage after a year, then we should both move on.  Even though we’re not quite at a year yet, we’ve already decided that this is it for us… things couldn’t be more perfect.  We went to look at rings back in May, actually… just so he could get an idea of what I like.  He told me that he picked out a ring a couple of months ago (I haven’t seen it.. and don’t want to. I want a surprise!) but its more expensive than he was anticipating, so it may take a bit longer than he originally planned. 

SO.. here I am waiting with the rest of you lovelies!

Post # 8
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

ooooo!! oooo!! I want to be added to the waiting list!!!!!

i have been with my boyfriend for EIGHT YEARS (that has to be some sort of record πŸ˜‰ lol) – he’s 27, and i’ll be 27 TOMORROW! πŸ˜€ we met and started dating september of our freshman year at college, and the rest is history. 

I am about 98% sure he is planning on surprising me with a proposal (finally!!!!!) THIS FRIDAY (which is when we are celebrating my birthday, since i have to work till 8pm tomorrow). I know that he has the ring (i accidently found the recipt while cleaning his office for him the other day)….i’m so antsy!! ack!! πŸ™‚ keep your fingers crossed for me, bees! 

Post # 9
226 posts
Helper bee

Put me on the waiting list please! Hopefully I won’t be on there for too much longer LOL

Post # 10
3063 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Oops, forgot I was on this list! You can take me off, we got engaged last month πŸ™‚

Post # 11
1645 posts
Bumble bee

Add me to the list please!! Long time lurker, swore I wouldn’t join till I got engaged, finally just caved when I saw there were others who would share in my occasional waiting misery. I’m renting a house, and we’re talking about him moving in when my roommate moves out next May…but then we also talked about not moving in together until we were engaged….HMMMMMMM….. πŸ˜›

Post # 12
667 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

You can put me on the waiting list if you want to πŸ™‚ Been with my bf for 6 years and both 27 now. He’s paying off some medical bills and already said he’s going to start looking for a ring when it;s finished, which should be by the end of year with any luck. So, I know he doesn’t have the ring and will probably be here awhile still.

Post # 13
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Also on the waiting list!!

Boyfriend and I have been together for 1 1/2 years and just bought a house this past summer. We have 2 dogs and 2 kitties, so we’re stuck with one another! πŸ™‚ Both graduating from college in the Spring and he has a job lined up, so we’re mostly just waiting until we are no longer poor college students to make any moves. I just can’t help reading and planning, though!

Post # 14
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

add me to the waiting list.

Post # 15
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Take #124 off the list πŸ˜€

Post # 16
163 posts
Blushing bee

I’d like to be added to the waiting list please πŸ™‚

The topic ‘The Waiting & Engaged Lists – 11/10/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors