(Closed) The Waiting List 01/04/15

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
502 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Looks like I’m holding steady at #23! Thank you for sharing your story, MissHoney! It sounds like you’ve gone through a lot with your SO and come out stronger, so my fingers are crossed for your engagement soon!

Oy…my SIUP is not going well. Well, to my credit, I didn’t bring it up, but SO and I were up late last night sharing some of our respective waiting struggles. He was feeling bummed out about finances after paying some quarterly bills, which led to me feeling bummed out wondering if we would ever get ahead financially so he could save for a ring. Not to mention people all around us are constantly hounding him to hurry up and pop the question. Anyway, we had a great talk, and he’s going to focus on saving for the rest of this month and in February to start bouncing back. I’m quite sure we’re still on track for a 2015 proposal 🙂

Thank goodness the holidays are over so I can get back to patiently waiting instead of going bonkers from all the engagement announcements I keep seeing on Facebook!

Post # 4
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Sounds like you have a wonderful and caring relationship, MissHoney! Hoping you get your proposal when the timing is right. And what an adorable Story you have with MrHoney. 

I’ve moved considerably since I signed up back in July. Moved up 4 this week. Congrats to all those recently engaged bees!! 

Post # 5
3185 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

Wow! I jumped a few places! Almost into the double digits! I know my proposal is coming soon. Congrats to all the bees who just got engaged!

Post # 7
162 posts
Blushing bee

I started at 238 and now I’m at 66. I didn’t think I’d make it that far down. The way things are looking I’ll be in the teens or single digits! Congrats to all the newly engaged bees and happy waiting to those who aren’t!

Post # 8
577 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
MissHoney:  wow MissHoney! It was so great to read your story! Thank you for sharing. It’s nice to know a little bit about our list keeper, and speaking of keepers it sounds like your SO is definitely one!

I think my SO is close to finishing the ring reset. He’s run a few ambiguous errands this past week when normally he always gives me a full rundown when he goes out. It’s also crazy to think, around this time last year was my first ever appearance on the waiting list! So much has changed in a year!

SO and I used to not be able to talk concretely about marriage and engagement a year ago, which was especially frustrating since communication has always come some easily in our relationship. We were in such a rough patch this time last year over the issue, and I had no one to talk to since one of my best friends was getting married and the other two had way more important things going on in their lives. The waiting boards really were such a great outlet for me dealing with my insecurity and helping me find a way to communicate. 

Now, not only can we talk about it, SO is always excited, calling me his future fiance, talking about how he wants to be married and I know I’m in the home stretch and should see a proposal in the next month or two. It’s crazy how real it is starting to feel, when I felt like we’d never get here. So I guess I went on all that rambling, just to share with other bees how helpful this place can be and while sticking around on the list for a year isn’t ideal, lol, there can be some good you learn along the way!

Post # 9
1186 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
SilvanArrow:  I didn’t realize we were list mates– I’m #21! I’m so used to @BrownPlaidBook ahead of me. *Hi!!*

Post # 10
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Victoria Wedding Chapel

Woo, number 191! I’ll probably be much, much higher on the list by the time I get engaged. No big deal. I’m wating and excited for it, but I’m not in a huge rush. My SO and I discussed an engagement 1-2 years out. For those of you closer than me, I’m so excited for you! I hope you all get the proposals of your dreams!

Post # 11
697 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2016 - Akron, OH

160! I anticipate that I’ll still be in the 100’s when he proposes. I can’t put a number on it for sure, just depends on how many ppl get engaged now that the holiday season is over. Good luck ladies, happy waiting! 

Post # 12
78 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

Add me please! SO has been hinting at something happening at the end of this month so hopefully I can get off this list VERY VERY soon!! 🙂

Post # 13
502 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
chic_and_fabulous:  Yay for list mates! Hi! I hope proposals happen for both of us really soon!

Post # 15
31 posts
Newbee

First post here! After lurking for some time I decided to join the waitlist and start posting! I’m pretty sure I’ll be engaged sometime this year! If not somtime in 2016 for sure. 🙂

The topic ‘The Waiting List 01/04/15’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors