(Closed) The Waiting List – 01/15/2018

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 4
15 posts
Newbee

Please cross me off ๐Ÿ™‚ I got engaged on NYE!

Edit: for some reason, my username on the list is “atomverse“ lol. #148 on this current list 

Post # 6
37 posts
Newbee

I’ve personally never been to a no-kids wedding, here in the Midwest kids are expected to be invited to everything the parents are. I personally think I would go with a very small and limited amount of kids, just our nephews! That will probably make people angry and I would not be shocked if people complain about not being able to bring the little ones, but not really interested in inviting all the wee ones. 

Post # 8
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

View original reply
DaniGirl03 :  CROSS ME OFF THE LIST !! Got engaged on Monday 1/15/18 . He put so much thought into it!

We went to the top 4th restaurant in our state. We had dinner and the conversation was flowing great. As we order desert I pull out my phone to get a picture and he just pulls out the ring. I see the ring in the picture and drop my phone in shock…lol

It was well planned he really suprised me! I’m so happy and excited!! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ not sure how to post pictures but will post when i can!!!

Post # 10
88 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
nadiabee :  Thank you!!!

Post # 11
88 posts
Worker bee

Post # 13
88 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
DaniGirl03 :  Thank you!! ๐Ÿ˜

Post # 14
243 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Finger Lakes, NY

View original reply
rosembee :  aaahhh congrats!!

Post # 15
243 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Finger Lakes, NY

I don’t know the norm here, honestly. I’ve only been to a small handful of weddings ever, and only two of them were local to me. I can’t remember how many kids were at most of them. My brother’s weddings (he’s on marriage #2, as is his wife, and both are better for it) both had some kids there, but that was in the Midwest. I don’t remember if my friends in Texas had kids present, or my friends in New Jersey. The friends’ wedding I went to last September was kid-free. It was an NYC-ish wedding.

But yeah. Not sure what the norm is or if I’ll let kids attend mine, assuming I ever get to that point, lol.

In other news, my fifth anniversary with my boyfriend is a week from today and I’m considering that the official date that the clock starts ticking. I have reason to believe he has possibly already bought the ring after he admitted to a credit card bill more than two times anything I’ve ever heard of him having before. While our funds are separate, we’re pretty open about our spending habits and have been for a while. It was shocking to hear what I heard, but it makes me suspect he has at least paid for it because otherwise he wouldn’t have glossed over why it was so high when I asked him about it. While he can be a fairly frugal guy, he admitted almost two years ago he expected to spend a lot on my ring and was genuinely surprised to learn I didn’t want that because I have higher priorities like a house and travel funds. I told him something much less expensive and, well, far more purple than a Diamond was what I wanted.

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 01/15/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors