(Closed) The Waiting List 01/18/2016

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Do you plan on doing a wedding registry?

Yes- We will be starting off and need items for the house

Yes- We need to upgrade some things in our house

Yes- We have no reason why, we are doing it just to do it

No- We have everything we need

No- It is not common where we live

No- We feel bad about asking for things

No- It's just not our thing

Other (You can post below if you wish)

I like polls and have no clue about a registry

• Post # 2
    28 posts
    Newbee

I’ve actually been really curious about other people’s registries as of late! BF always jokes about putting ridiculous things on our registry because we don’t need very many household items (although upgrades on what we currently have might be nice).

What have other bees in this situation done? And what’s a good starting list for a registry, generally?

Post # 3
    1032 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2017

I think SO and I will ask for upgrades of pots and pans, silverware, dishes, and things like that. I’m really not sure what else you are supposed to put on a registry besides kitchen stuff? I’ve heard of some people putting down furniture, bedroom things (like comforter, sheets) or bathroom stuff. We dont need bathroom things and I’m not sure if asking for the other two things is common?? 

Post # 4
    92 posts
    Worker bee

I kinda want to start a thread to have folks guess what number they will be on the list when their proposal comes. Would that be fun or not?

Post # 5
    419 posts
    Helper bee

I’ve been waiting for the list today! *Think* the ring might be on its way here this week after weeeeeks of delays. I’m not supposed to know, but yesterday and today he’s been super secretive and on the phone with pay pal, asking me to leave the room. I know the jeweler overnights. I’m SO excited! May not be in January, but I think it’s soon.

For registry, we won’t need much, but I know people will definitely ask, so I plan to create a small one – and we really do need certain things: complete set of silverware, dishes to add to the piecemeal ser we have, a couple pots, etc. But I doubt we’ll have more than 20 items.

Post # 6
    124 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2018

We’ll be starting out but I also expect to have a pretty short list. Where in from it’s getting more and more common to give money instead of gifts. 

Post # 7
    2 posts
    Wannabee

Add me to the list please!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Post # 8
    422 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2017 - Greenspot Farms

We won’t be living together before we marry and it will be a first marriage for both of us. I have lived on my own but he hasn’t. We will need a lot of things to start out with.

View original reply
    hopeful2016:  This was done back a while ago. And also asking SO for a random number between 1-100 for a random guess (without knowing the reason why he/she was guessing) of what number you’d be when you get engaged.

I only know cause I have my guesses written down, my SO’s random guess was 77 and I’m now number 79! Sheeeeeeeesh! I started as 236 and the list is moving dang quick! I definitely think I will pass 77 by next week. My guess was 32, so we’ll see!

Post # 9
    98 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2017

We would most likely be starting out in a house, so we’d ask for upgrades of kitchen and bathroom stuff along with some home/bedroom decor (not going to ask for furrniture as that seems like too much to me). And also some pet-related items for our kitties. ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t know much about registries, just going off of what I’ve seen on past ones. 

Post # 10
    616 posts
    Busy bee

I didn’t know really how to answer the poll. By the time we get married…I’ll be in my late 20s and my SO in either his very late 20s/early 30s. We both have lived on our own for many years and when we do get married we will move in together and combine our things. I’m guessing we will probably do a registry of some sort because people around where I live expect them as a helpful guide or suggestion.

We would probably register for things we need upgrades on or things that have warn out? I’m not really sure… ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
    221 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2018

133 to 126 in a week without a holiday?! Holy cow! Congrats everyone! 

We’ve been living together for over a year and don’t plan on getting married until around 2018 so we’ve already got a bunch of stuff (including my KitchenAid stand mixer!!!!!!!!!) that would normally be on a registry. I better have a decent blender before then!

Post # 12
    659 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2016

Hahaha that last poll option ๐Ÿ˜€

I don’t think we’ll have a registry. We’d like to cap our wedding guestlist to 30 people, and it seems like a registry goes with weddings where you have showers. I don’t think a shower is appropriate for me since there will only be a handful of people at the wedding. Maybe I’ll get convinced of it, but we have lived together for almost a year and a half already so there isn’t much we don’t have that we need. 

Post # 14
    100 posts
    Blushing bee

We have lived together for 2 years and will probably be almost 4 years by the time we’re married. We don’t really need anything. We might upgrade some pots and pans. I honestly want to do a honeymoon registry but I know people have mixed feelings about that.ย 

I’m not sure why they don’t like donating to the honeymoon though… if you are really set on getting us something, why not make it something we will use?ย 

I’m also considering a very very small wedding, so we will likely not have a registry at all.ย 

Post # 15
    99 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: December 2020

please keep 129 ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks!!

The topic ‘The Waiting List 01/18/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors