(Closed) The Waiting List – 01/22/2018

posted 2 years ago in Waiting
Post # 16
71 posts
Worker bee

Hi, new here. Loooong time lurker (2016). Would I be able to get added? We’ve had the big talk as of late Dec 17 after 4+ years!!! Selected the ring. Now waiting on the proposal… getting hints here and there and even had him tell me “ya know when it is!” Which has baffled me even more cause I have no idea 😂. Anyone else in the same boat?? Could be as far as next year, no clue! 🤣

Post # 17
201 posts
Helper bee

sooo maybe not lucky #13 from last week… Lucky #11?!?!?! haha… man, I’m almost in those single didits!!

CONGRATS NEWLY ENGAGED BEES 🙂 

Post # 18
352 posts
Helper bee

KaitlynBrooke :  I can’t believe I’ve gone up almost 100 places! fingers crossed for you!

Post # 19
352 posts
Helper bee

I won’t be doing a garter toss or bouquet toss. I could go either way on mother/son father/daughter dances if I get my dream brunch wedding. I am TORN on walking down the aisle with both parents, just my dad or just me! I don’t believe in being “given away” but I like the thought of honoring my parents in some way. 

I do want to wear white and I think a veil. I like the thought of not seeing each other until the actual ceremony but the practical part of me would rather get pictures beforehand, so I’ll leave that up to my SO. 

Post # 21
165 posts
Blushing bee

The more that I think about it, there will probably be less traditions that I originally imagined. I’ll walk down the aisle by myself, no flower girl/ring bearer, parent dances are a big TBD, no bouquet/garter. We will stick with just girls on my side and guys on his side for the wedding party though.

Post # 22
217 posts
Helper bee

DaniGirl03 :  Think you could add me? It may end up being early next year, but hell, he could always surprise me.

I’m tossing (pun?) the bouquet and garter tradition. I think the garter bit is wildly creepy and I don’t think I know anyone who would care to scramble for a bouquet. It just comes off as weird. 😐

Post # 24
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2019 - City, State

Please remove me… got engaged several months ago and forgot to comment on the thread 🙂 thanks!!

Post # 26
70 posts
Worker bee

Could I please be added? My partner originally aimed for a NYE proposal, but due to work and family drama it got pushed back. It’s now anytime between now and April! 

As for wedding traditions, it’s important to me have jordan almonds as a wedding favor (an Italian thing) and to have a cookie table! Also, to save our first look for walking down the aisle.  

Post # 27
16 posts
Newbee

Hi, I’m new to this forum and I’d like to be added to this list. ❤️

This year marks two years that I’ve been together with my boyfriend. We’ve met each other’s parents and get along with them so well and we’ve confidently talked about the future together. We’ve even been living together practically since we first met. On Thanksgiving we went out with his family and picked out stuff to buy, and when I told him about this cute ring I found, he bought it for me. It was only because I really liked it, but he’s told others that it can be a promise ring. Fast forward to last night, I had been wearing it and we got onto the discussion of marriage. He said he wants to and things like “wait until you see the one I have picked out for you” or “if we’re going to be married” but he said it might happen next year or possibly within five years. I know we can’t really afford it right now, but I’m so excited that he might sometime in a couple of years.

Post # 28
201 posts
Helper bee

ohra :  I’ve gone up 226 spots since I first got on the list hahaha… oh man!! Sending good thoughts your way too girl!!

Post # 29
71 posts
Worker bee

DaniGirl03 :  Thanks! Similar to me then. Hmm okay so out of the blue he’s been unusually jittery. I said not a word to trigger him so he is deffo acting weird. I’ve been putting out it out of my mind entirely for MY sake. 

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 01/22/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors