(Closed) The Waiting List – 02/05/2018

posted 2 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
311 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

We picked out my ring together on BlueNile and he ordered it a few weeks ago. It’s been in the house for over 2 weeks! I don’t want to see the ring in person until he’s proposing and putting it on my finger…but there’s a pretty good possibility that I go and stare at it on the website ALL the time.

I spent a lot of time over the years looking at engagement rings (I was in a 6 year relationship prior to where I am now where he strung me along for a good 2 years saying it would happen “soon” so I had a lot of time to search) and always flip flopped and would find something I thought I loved and then completely would change my mind. I worried about getting a ring and then having regret later on because my preferences changed. That fear disappeared when I saw this ring. Which is funny because it’s not what I imagined falling in love with…but I know that this is 100% the ring for me! 

I know that it will be in yellow gold as that is what I requested (my mom, grandma, and aunt all have wedding sets in yellow gold) and I also know that it is a .7 carat center diamond. Can’t wait to finally have it and be able to announce our engagement! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 4
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: St. petersburg, FL

SO and I went to go pick out a setting together at a local jewelry store back in October. The closest thing I can find to what I remember of the ring is this picture: 

Capture

But I can’t really remember if this is it or not – as long as he gets this general idea, I know I will be ecstatic! We decided on a .6 center round brilliant, but I’ll just be happy when he proposes! We are planning a trip to Rome next month, so i’m really hoping it will be then. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 5
55 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
300bride :  i get the vibe of such excitement from your posts! I can’t wait to hear the good news from you hopefully one day soon! So I’ve picked the ring I want but he doesn’t want us to look together as he strongly feels this is his responsibility as a man – he’s the chivalrous type so that always adds to the romance. That being said, he did ask me to try some rings on and send him an example of what I’d like and after much deliberation I’ve settled on this ;

Fingers crossed itll be something like what I get! But I’m sure I’ll love whatever he chooses as he knows what I like and has great taste ๐Ÿ˜œ

Post # 10
311 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
lovebee15 :  I’m glad you get an excited vibe because that’s exactly how I feel! This site is the only place I can vent about everything I’m holding in from my friends and family. I can’t wait for him to propose so that I can let me family and friends be excited with me! It’s kind of a thrill though…having a fun little secret from everyone. Here we are secretly planning out our elopement and no one has a clue! ๐Ÿ˜‰

View original reply
DaniGirl03 :  Ok that’s just too sweet of you! Thank you so much for being excited for me…love the 300 watch haha! Sorry for disappointing you…I completely thought it would have happened by now! My SO isn’t the most romantic guy in the world so I didn’t think he’d take much time deciding how he wanted to propose…I more just thought he’d think, “I have the ring, let’s use it!” Apparently I was wrong! Hoping to not be waiting come Valentine’s Day. If it’s much farther than that I don’t know what I’ll do. I still know where the ring is and it’s driving me slightly crazy!

I get your opinion on yellow gold as I know most people aren’t as keen on it anymore. My family is a bunch of redheads and it just looks better on us than white gold does. Most of the jewelry that I wear tends to be yellow or rose gold.

Post # 11
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: St. petersburg, FL

View original reply
DaniGirl03 :  That is beautiful! I love sapphires, and want to incorporate them in a wedding band. Beautiful ring!

Post # 13
55 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
DaniGirl03 :  Exactly. I feel like this waiting list is a real little community. Nice to have women encouraging and excited for one another. That design is glorious! Very regal. 

View original reply
300bride :  Aww we all need little things to ourselves in this world as oversharing seems to be becoming the norm. I’ve decided on keeping the engagement a secret for at least 3-4 weeks afterward. I’ll be letting my immediate family know, but friends, extended and distant family and most CERTAINLY social media will catch up a few weeks later. I just want my heavenly bubble to last as long as it can!

Post # 15
311 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
lovebee15 :  I’m not much of a social media person at all. I do have a presence with a Facebook and an Instagram…I will post pictures on Facebook here and there when we do fun things but my Instagram is more where I look at others and don’t post. This site I am definitely way more active than anywhere else online. I will probably share pictures from the elopement after it happens as we have highered a FANTASTIC photographer for the day. But that may really surprise a lot of people on my Facebook I don’t talk to on a normal basis as I probably won’t be sharing the engagement other than maybe changing my status at some point. I definitely won’t change my status until well after everyone important in my life has been personally told though! Won’t be posting ring pictures on any site but this one.

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 02/05/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors