(Closed) The Waiting List 02/08/2016

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: What kind of vacation do you prefer?

City trips

Beach/Tropical

Backpacking

Road trips

Cruises

Adventure/Camping

Staycation

Family Friendly

Other (post below)

• Post # 3
    33 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    MissZ31:  Just wanted to leave a note of thanks for all of your hard work! We really appreciate you doing the list. This is especially so if you had some computer issues, as it would have taken longer to do the list πŸ™‚

View original reply
    vancitybee:  Congratulations on your engagement! I know I commented already on your original engagement thread, but wonderful news like that deserves as many congratulations as possible.

I know it’s not the most exciting choice, but I love staycations! It gives me the opportunity to spend time with friends and family, and it’s a chance for me to relax. It’s also great on the wallet.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by myersbriggs.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by myersbriggs.
    Post # 4
    113 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2017

View original reply
    vancitybee:  Your ring is seriously so gorgeous. What kind of stone is that?

My favorite vacation was a cruise! We went on our first cruise to the Bahamas last year after we won it in some local contest… It was one of those ‘you must sit through a timeshare presentation’ deals where they attempt high-pressure sales tactics to get you to buy stuff, so the cruise ship itself and our room were nothing fancy, but we had a ball just the same. This year we want to go on a longer cruise, thinking of a 5-day to Bermuda on Royal Caribbean. πŸ™‚

Post # 5
    53 posts
    Worker bee

Mountains all the way!! SO’s family has a cabin in NC and I LOVE it there. That is where his brother proposed to his wife at and SO has a trip in the works for us to go this summer. Fingers crossed!

Post # 6
    638 posts
    Busy bee

I love beach vacations and anything historical. My 2 most favourite vacations is when me and SO went with our families to the Azores 4 years ago, and then to Portugal last summer. It was wonderful! Especially since both of our families are from there (and I lived there so it holds a place in my heart).

Congrats to all the newly engaged bees! 

Post # 7
    704 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2016

A combo of beach and city. I used to live in San Sebastian in the Basque Country. It’s the best of both worlds 

OH MY GOSH I’m 129 :O I crept up that list so quickly! Well, my SO will be able to buy the ring in a week and a half *eek!* I think it’ll happen by the end of April πŸ˜€ 

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by lucialucentum.
    Post # 8
    105 posts
    Blushing bee

Can you please cross #126 off the list? I posted in the message boards in December when it happened (on Christmas evening) but forgot to post in the waiting list thread to get taken off the list. He proposed on the beach on Christmas night. He had the ring since October but was waiting to propose on Christmas under the full moon. His sister got married under a full moon and we are also going to have our wedding under a full moon.

Post # 9
    3 posts
    Wannabee

Please add me. Dating 10 1/2 years. Early 30s. A few days ago he told me to wear a certain dress on Valentine’s Day and he won’t tell me where we’re going. We haven’t gone out for vday in years. I don’t even remember if we ever did. A couple weeks ago he didn’t let me touch his phone because he said “I’m so difficult to surprise.” which he said again tonight. What is he up to???

Post # 10
    1459 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

107! I’ll definitely be in the double digits after Valentine’s! (well, I hope I am lol). Only up to 105 waiting days left for me πŸ™‚

Congratulations to all the engaged Bees!

My favourite type of holiday involves a theme park πŸ™‚ or Italy XD if it’s not one of those two things I’m not that bothered XD

Post # 11
    35 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 2017

You can cross 195 off the list too! My SO – now fiancé (!!) eeeep! – proposed two weeks ago while we were on the most beautiful holiday in South Africa where we met 6 years ago. He got down on one knee on a boat in front of the most beautiful sunset after we’d been on a luxury cruise all day. He also gave me the most beautiful antique, 1920s aquamarine (my birthstone) and diamond ring that is more beautiful than anything I could ever have picked myself – he even got the right size 😍. Pictures to come. Happy happy bee here. 

Post # 12
    260 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2018

99 days left of waiting!!!!!!!! Oh. My. God. 

I love vacations more than anything, I think. I don’t even care where we go, although the beach during off season is my favorite. 

Post # 13
    145 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2018

I chose city break. Because that is our favorite. But I do enjoy it more when it follows a few days countryside relaxation.

Ideally we tend to do a relaxed week or so with friends somewhere warm but not tropical just swimming, cooking,  and lounging.  then 2-3 days of museums, bars, being cooked for, and exploring. 

Post # 14
    607 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2017

I hope it’s not too late to add me. Me and my SO have been dating for almost 5 years. He told me that a proposal would happen sometime this month. Hmm…well it’s not the first time he said he was going to do it and didn’t do anything but who knows maybe he’ll be serious this month. 

Post # 15
    346 posts
    Helper bee

Congratulations to all the newly engaged bees!!!

188, enjoying every new day and trying not to think to much about “when it will happen” #fail!!!!

The topic ‘The Waiting List 02/08/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors