(Closed) The Waiting List – 02/19/2018

posted 2 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
2185 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

I would love to hear people’s responses to this. We are in the planning stages and food is my number one consideration. I do not want wedding chicken with a vegetable medly option. What did others do??

Post # 4
339 posts
Helper bee

I think this completely depends on the food and venue type, but in general I think plated or family style is the best. Buffet for groups larger than 100 people tend to go awry in my experience. 

Post # 5
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: St. petersburg, FL

I think I prefer buffet because then I can pick exactly what I want, but I agree that with large numbers it gets out of hand and the wait is a killer. Second is plated, then maybe family style? I heard a podcast where people had a mixture of several options – passed appetizers, then carving stations (like a buffet) then family style. I thought that was interesting.

Post # 6
236 posts
Helper bee

I wonder what is the reason for waiting for the ladies on top of the list. 6 years is a long time to wait…

Post # 8
216 posts
Helper bee

I prefer plated myself, but I always look forward to the appetizers/finger foods more than the actual meal. Cocktail hour is my favorite part of the wedding because of this! Like, yeah, the steak is great, but give me like ten more of those grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters and I’ll be happy. If someone’s whole wedding meal was just a massive amount of passed hors d’ouevres, I’d consider it the best wedding ever hosted.

Post # 9
672 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

Appetizers always taste the best.  I’ve only ever been to plated weddings but picking an item off of a restaurant menu sounds good to me! Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of “duo” plated options, where you get half of two entrees (e.g. steak and fish) plus sides.  I wonder if most people eat their whole plate or if they just leave half of it behind (which is what my bf and I did at the last one, although we each ate the opposite entree funnily enough).

Post # 10
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Kentwood, MI

I like appetizers for cocktail hour, but I’m HUGE on having plated dinner. I have some family members who have dietary restrictions, so I’d just put them at one table and have a Star next too them, so wait staff would know where they are. 🙂

Post # 11
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - Queens, NY

I don’t really know, honestly, and I’ve all but given up hope. My boyfriend keeps getting upset and pissed at me if I even mention rings or weddings at all and tonight I told him it was his fault for bringing it up FOUR WEEKS AGO and not doing anything since and his response was that it wasn’t his fault because he didn’t bring it up tonight. I just commented that sparkly things in jewelry stores are distracting, that was it.

We’ve got a big vacation coming up in April, but after that IDK. I’m worried I’ve got 70 years of being alone ahead of me.

Post # 13
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - Queens, NY

View original reply
DaniGirl03 :  he told me in October that having a timeline makes him feel too obligated to do things. He doesn’t want to be a first-time dad at 40 and that’s about all he’s agreed to on that front. He’s about to turn 35.

as far as rings, if he so much as sees a ring on my screen he gets upset and accuses me of changing my mind too much.

Some small part of me wonders if he made a purchase without telling me and is trying to keep it a surprise since our cruise is getting very close. He knows i want a purple sapphire set in palladium or platinum (nickel allergy) and has a list of 14 settings i like from one place. He has to know these things take weeks to make and ship. He saw the shopping timeline of up to six weeks on one jeweler’s site. I don’t really know at this point, so I’m just trying to focus on final planning for the cruise, instead.

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 02/19/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors