Post # 1
Welcome to the February 19, 2018 Waiting List!
This is a list of bees that are currently in relationships and are currently waiting for a proposal from their significant other. As these bees get engaged they are crossed off the list and a blurb about their engagement is posted. Each week a new list is posted to reflect new additions and recent proposals.
For more information and trivia about the waiting list and the waiting list clean up, click here: https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/the-waiting-list-rules-and-info/
Getting added: if you would like to be added to the list, please ask to be added in a comment below and you will show up on next week’s list!
Getting crossed off: when you become engaged, please share the happy news in a comment on the current list. Remember to inform me of your proposal or you won’t get crossed off!
These are the bees that have received proposals in the last week and are now off the waiting list.
Mplsliz18 had her fella pop the question while they were on vacation in the Dominican Republic. She’s over the moon and so happy to be wearing her antique midnight sapphire baby. They can’t wait to tell family and friends!
Goldenhoney is off the list. She received a sweet proposal at home over dinner!
300bride is engaged. They headed out of town for a bowling tournament, that her fiancé is competing in. They spent the weekend checking out a new town, eating yummy food and exploring cute shops. They headed out to a beautiful waterfall, where on a little bench tucked away he asked her to marry him. It was sweet and private just the two of them!
- Tiger29 – 2/13/2012 (207)
- Misstiff – 8/6/2012 (189)
- Missmarple – 9/2/2013 (325)
- MissZ31 – 2/3/2014 (325)
- Miley3820 – 8/11/2014 (243)
- Diddles112230 – 12/28/2014 (193)
- Wannabemrsb – 3/15/2015 (245)
- Skaftafell – 7/20/2015 (211)
- Thequeenofzamunda – 8/9/2015 (237)
- Kaeleighr – 9/29/2015 (238)
- Kaitlynbrooke – 11/16/2015 (237)
- Gorgrousgarnet – 12/14/2015 (238)
- Hopeful2016 – 1/11/2016 (209)
- Armychica06 – 4/26/2016 (148)
- Averria – 5/23/2016 (159)
- Heartburn – 6/20/2016 (170)
- Lofticries – 7/18/2016 (171)
- Mrsgee2bee – 8/15/2016 (175)
- Nebulacharm – 10/10/2016 (105)
- Alletheottb -10/31/2016 (117)
- Hpgreys -11/14/2016 (124)
- Msmousingdeep – 11/21/2016 (127)
- Mcstuffins – 11/28/2016 (135)
- Blissfulheart – 12/19/2016 (139)
- Twoflowers – 1/9/2017 (135)
- Bennybee – 1/16/2017 (144)
- Littlemisspetite – 3/13/2017 (171)
- Princessg56 – 4/3/2017 (175)
- Plannerpersonality – 4/3/2017 (178)
- Varalidaine – 5/1/2017 (119)
- Girlfriendph – 5/8/2017 (120)
- Lawbee2b -5/8/2017 (122)
- Ohra – 6/5/2017 (131)
- Iomi – 7/10/2017 (129)
- Xxbutterfly – 7/17/2017 (129)
- Jeshicat – 7/24/2017 (133)
- Annann91 – 7/24/2017 (138)
- Pearlworld – 7/24/2017 (139)
- Clcbride – 8/7/2017 (139)
- Bee1432019 – 8/7/2017 (140)
- Klily – 8/14/2017 (139)
- Mrsrn – 8/14/2017 (140)
- Livingmyfairytale – 8/14/2017 (142)
- Crazycorei – 8/14/2017 (145)
- Prettydetails – 8/14/2017 (147)
- Hismrsinabit – 8/14/2017 (148)
- Futuremrsbodeau – 8/21/2017 (148)
- Bbk8 – 8/28/2017 (149)
- Misspixel – 8/28/2017 (151)
- Kindnessisfree – 9/4/2017 (150)
- Imfromvenus -9/11/2017 (147)
- Hopefulmrsm – 9/11/2017 (148)
- Tinktink10 – 9/11/2017 (150)
- Futuremisseswells -9/18/2017 (150)
- Vicks23 – 9/18/2017 (151)
- Catthebee – 10/2/2017 (147)
- Goblin – 10/9/2017 (93)
- Danigirl03 – 10/9/2017 (95)
- Mariposies123 – 10/9/2017 (96)
- Clipclop1023 – 10/16/2017 (97)
- Alicebee123 – 10/16/2017 (98)
- PinkPenguin – 10/23/2017 (100)
- Alexiamichelle -10/30/2017 (101)
- Milkjar – 10/30/2017 (104)
- Sparklez11909 – 10/30/2017 (105)
- Kokoro – 10/30/2017 (106)
- Katkat 85 – 11/6/2017 (97)
- Dogsbody92 – 11/6/2017 (100)
- Wannabeskinnybride2013 – 11/20/2017 (94)
- Loj5217 – 11/27/2017 (92)
- Intosocal – 11/27/2017 (93)
- Mermaid334 – 11/27/2017 (94)
- Haleydee8682 – 12/4/2017 (94)
- Helovesnikki – 12/4/2017 (95)
- Itsachickenwingthing – 12/4/2017 (97)
- Beeleez – 12/18/2017 (95)
- Academicgarden – 12/18/2017 (96)
- Coffeebean87 – 12/18/2017 (97)
- Peacebethejourney – 12/18/2017 (98)
- Missmollybee – 12/25/2017 (96)
- Honeybee4872 – 12/25/2017 (97)
- Squigglepops – 12/25/2017 (98)
- Notourengagementanymore – 01/01/2018 (94)
- Vanillacustard – 01/01/2018 (95)
- Gummybear0621 – 01/08/2018 (93)
- Bznsno – 01/08/2018 (94)
- Mandalou – 01/08/2018 (95)
- Danielledewd – 01/15/2018 (92)
- Mia07 – 01/30/2018 (92)
- lovebee15 – 01/29/2018 (94)
- TheSanguineRose – 01/29/2018 (95)
- Jvirginia – 01/29/2018 (96)
- Cream – 01/29/2018 (97)
- roseandcoil – 02/12/2018 (97)
- theambereyed1 – 02/12/2018 (98)
Post # 2
What is your favorite type of wedding food?
Buffet, Plated, Appetizers, Restaurant Menu Style or Other?
What would you prefer to have for your wedding reception?
Post # 3
I would love to hear people’s responses to this. We are in the planning stages and food is my number one consideration. I do not want wedding chicken with a vegetable medly option. What did others do??
Post # 4
I think this completely depends on the food and venue type, but in general I think plated or family style is the best. Buffet for groups larger than 100 people tend to go awry in my experience.
Post # 5
- Wedding: St. petersburg, FL
I think I prefer buffet because then I can pick exactly what I want, but I agree that with large numbers it gets out of hand and the wait is a killer. Second is plated, then maybe family style? I heard a podcast where people had a mixture of several options – passed appetizers, then carving stations (like a buffet) then family style. I thought that was interesting.
Post # 6
I wonder what is the reason for waiting for the ladies on top of the list. 6 years is a long time to wait…
Post # 7
I never see any of them interact at all on the boards. They make sure they’re put on th next list and that’s it.
And don’t forget they’ve only been waiting here for 6 years. How log have they actually been waiting?
I don’t know how anyone waits that long. I wouldn’t be able to do it.
Post # 8
I prefer plated myself, but I always look forward to the appetizers/finger foods more than the actual meal. Cocktail hour is my favorite part of the wedding because of this! Like, yeah, the steak is great, but give me like ten more of those grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters and I’ll be happy. If someone’s whole wedding meal was just a massive amount of passed hors d’ouevres, I’d consider it the best wedding ever hosted.
Post # 9
Appetizers always taste the best. I’ve only ever been to plated weddings but picking an item off of a restaurant menu sounds good to me! Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of “duo” plated options, where you get half of two entrees (e.g. steak and fish) plus sides. I wonder if most people eat their whole plate or if they just leave half of it behind (which is what my bf and I did at the last one, although we each ate the opposite entree funnily enough).
Post # 10
I like appetizers for cocktail hour, but I’m HUGE on having plated dinner. I have some family members who have dietary restrictions, so I’d just put them at one table and have a Star next too them, so wait staff would know where they are. 🙂
Post # 11
- Wedding: November 2019 - Queens, NY
I don’t really know, honestly, and I’ve all but given up hope. My boyfriend keeps getting upset and pissed at me if I even mention rings or weddings at all and tonight I told him it was his fault for bringing it up FOUR WEEKS AGO and not doing anything since and his response was that it wasn’t his fault because he didn’t bring it up tonight. I just commented that sparkly things in jewelry stores are distracting, that was it.
We’ve got a big vacation coming up in April, but after that IDK. I’m worried I’ve got 70 years of being alone ahead of me.
Post # 12
have you guys talked about why he’s getting upset? Have you had a discussion about time lines? What point you see yourselves married, having kids. Any steps you need to take before marriage for you both to feel happy going forward.
Does he have pressures from work happening right now? Try to redirect the conversation away from the ring and more towards your future.
You guys obviously want to build a future together, you almost bought property together. So just have a chill conversation. About where you’re both at. That might mean that you pick a time line together that you both feel comfortable proposing, you give him the ring specs for any rings you love and then you might have to just leave it alone as long as he’s on timeline.
Big hug bee
Post # 13
- Wedding: November 2019 - Queens, NY
he told me in October that having a timeline makes him feel too obligated to do things. He doesn’t want to be a first-time dad at 40 and that’s about all he’s agreed to on that front. He’s about to turn 35.
as far as rings, if he so much as sees a ring on my screen he gets upset and accuses me of changing my mind too much.
Some small part of me wonders if he made a purchase without telling me and is trying to keep it a surprise since our cruise is getting very close. He knows i want a purple sapphire set in palladium or platinum (nickel allergy) and has a list of 14 settings i like from one place. He has to know these things take weeks to make and ship. He saw the shopping timeline of up to six weeks on one jeweler’s site. I don’t really know at this point, so I’m just trying to focus on final planning for the cruise, instead.
Post # 14
he’s not obligated to do things. But this is your life together and this is a big decision you should be making together. You should be on the same page, and making sure your both ready to do this together. If he’s not ready or if he needs more time he needs to say that. It’s not unusual for a woman to be ready long before a man is. Our brains are wired differently.
My deal with my FH is we laid out what had to happen when, how the ring would be paid, and wedding paid what our max timeline for ring and wedding are. I now don’t talk about it with him. I’ve worked with him and the jeweller on the ring design I like. I’m now hands off on the process and he keeps me informed if something changes. He’s. It under pressure or obligated, he’s happy with our time line and I’m not hanging in the wind stressing what if and when. He knows I don’t handle stress like that well.