(Closed) The Waiting List – 03/12/2018

posted 3 months ago in Waiting
Post # 3
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

I feel like a day of coordinator or planner is someone who I don’t know planning my wedding who I have too pay. Instead, I’ll plan my wedding out myself and when the day comes give my maid of honor and my mother of groom the timeline for the day. I’ll also have money labeled for certain vendors labeled and ready so that morning mother of groom can pass too them.

Post # 4
239 posts
Helper bee

I really haven’t thought too much about it, but like Princessg56 said – that’s a lot of money to spend on yet another part of a wedding. I think it will depend on the venue my SO and I choose. If I have the wedding at my parent’s farm (which I want) we probably won’t have a coordinator because the two things i’m really concerned with are set up/take down and if it’s at their house I don’t have to worry about that – i’ll have plenty of time to figure that out since it will be at home. If it’s at a different venue (which my SO wants), maybe that would be helpful. Idk! They cost around 3000 just for basic day of services in my area, so that’s a chunk of change that can be better spent in my opinion on a bar or other upgrade. Who knows, though!

Post # 5
240 posts
Helper bee

Congrats Jvirginia! 😀

The first time I didn’t use a day of coordinator or wedding planner. If I did it again in an actual venue, I would do a DOC to relieve the stress off my family and myself.

Currently my Boyfriend or Best Friend and I have discussed doing a small ceremony on the beach and having the reception at my aunt’s beach house, so I wouldn’t really need a coordinator or planner for that lol.

Post # 6
277 posts
Helper bee

I am really excited to plan my wedding but I will have a DOC- I think its invaluable that you have someone who isn’t a guest who can manage logistics and vendors on the day of. A lot of venues have a “coordinator” btu they are just for their staff- they won’t be there the whole day or managing your other vendors and contracts. 

Obvi if you have a smaller wedding not as vital! I’ve had enough friends get married though to realize i think it would be easier to have one. 

I can’t imagine getting a full service wedding planner bc i could never afford it and I like picking things too much 🙂

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee

Please add me. Thank you.

Post # 8
55 posts
Worker bee

I would never hire an expensive wedding planner, but I think a good, effective day of coordinator is worth their weight in gold. I don’t want to have to worry on my wedding day. I don’t want my family and friends to worry either. I want everyone to be present with me and SO to enjoy our day to the fullest. Someone I can give all the instructions to who has experience keeping a wedding on track will be a valuable asset. Most of the venues around us have their own DOC staff who work with their brides. I’ve heard a lot of good things about some of them, and honestly, that’s going to be a big influence in our venue choice. 

Post # 9
288 posts
Helper bee

I’d never even heard of a day of coordinator until frequenting the bee! I think it is a more US thing. It does sound useful though.

Post # 10
98 posts
Worker bee

I would definitely want to have a day of or even month of coordinator. I am really organized and specific about things, so I want someone there who I trust is going to get things done the way that they are supposed to be. Plus, little things can come up during a wedding day and I want someone to intercept and fix those problems for me so myself or anyone else in the wedding party doesn’t have to stress.

Post # 11
165 posts
Blushing bee

I don’t wanna pay for it, so I won’t do it. I can plan my own wedding and I can have a couple friends/family members help make sure people get where they need to go.

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2019

Please add me. Thank you. 

Post # 15
185 posts
Blushing bee

Please add me!

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 03/12/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors