(Closed) The Waiting List – 03/19/2018

posted 1 year ago in Waiting
Post # 16
94 posts
Worker bee

Ugh this is something we’re having trouble with!! He hates the pomp of it and I don’t know if I want to walk down the aisle at all. I’ve thought perhaps we can walk down together? Does anyone know any alternatives to a ‘first look’ ?

I guess it would be a first look within the actual venue, but not with me walking down, more like we both see each other for the first time at the entry to the venue. Has this sort of thing been done before?

Post # 20
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2020 - Windermere, Cumbria

I would not want to do a first look! I don’t think it’s as much of a thing in Europe though.

Post # 21
78 posts
Worker bee

I’m totally in love with the fantasy of seeing my SO at the end of the aisle for the first time on our wedding day. It probably doesn’t help that I imagine it every Sunday at Mass. I also don’t feel we need the first look since our church only does early afternoon weddings so we will have to have a gap before the reception when we can do pictures. It will be hard though. SO is my rock when I’m stressed so I’m sure I’ll be anxious to get to him. 

Post # 22
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: St. petersburg, FL

Please take me off the list!! He proposed while on our trip to Italy! We were on the Rialto Bridge overlooking the grand canal at night with all of the shops and restaurants lighting the sides of the waterway- and it was raining just a bit. It was beautiful and so romantic. 

Kind of funny- I was taking a picture and heard a noise behind me and he had thrown the umbrella to get down on one knee to pull out the ring. When I turned around, he asked me to marry him. 

Ñ

Post # 24
58 posts
Worker bee

My sister can’t keep a secret and told me that she’s SEEN the ring in person and that he apparently has had it in his possession since SEPTEMBER. That is a really long time. So where is the ring? I keep looking up local vendors/venues and I feel like I can’t actually do anything without being engaged or else I feel like a crazy woman. 

I think I would like to do a first look, if only because it seems more practical/polite to get the bulk of the wedding portraits out of the way before guests arrive and before I cry away my makeup. But he’s surprised me with some traditional views lately, like he told me he was confused I didn’t want to get married in a church (we aren’t religious at all) or have a large bridal party. So he may want to wait to see each other at the ceremony.

Post # 25
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - Queens, NY

clipclop1023 :  YES YES YES WE ALL KNEW IT!!! CONGRATS!! Your ring is GORGEOUS!

Post # 28
229 posts
Helper bee

Please add me.  I’m on the waiting list since my boyfriend just bought my ring!!!

Post # 30
387 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2020

Definitely DON’t want a first look, I’ve always loved when couples see each at the end of the isle.

Being sentimantal I would also find it strange for my wedding photo’s to be taken before our wedding haha.

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 03/19/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors