(Closed) The Waiting List – 04/16/2018

posted 2 years ago in Waiting
Post # 16
277 posts
Helper bee

I feel (hope) like my boyfriend will propose soon. He’s been extra loving the past week or so, and he has been telling me I’m his person, several times, over the past few days. He has also been saying I am in love with you instead of I love you. Our 5 year anniversary is coming right up. I think it will happen over the next two weeks, but I don’t want to get my hopes too high.

My boyfriend knows the ring style I like and knows I don’t like being around people. So I think he will propose in private with our dogs or with my horse ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck to my fellow bees in waiting and congratulations to the most recently engaged bees.

Post # 17
163 posts
Blushing bee

A public or private proposal would be fine with me. I just don’t want anything too “expected” so holidays and other special occasions are out. I have expressed that i would love to have photos of the moment (but that doesn’t mean it has to be a professional photographer which he seems to think!) I just want it to be thoughtful and us!

Even though we designed the ring together, the proposal will be the first time I see it completed! I can’t wait!

Post # 18
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2020

DaniGirl03 :  Hello, please add me to the next list. ( I hope I’m doing this right!) thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 21
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2021 - British Columbia, Canada

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster smile I would like to be added to the waiting list, please. 

Back story: I dated my man from ages 18-20, then we went our separate ways for a few years while growing up (oddly enough, the first time around he was the one who wanted to get married and I was the free spirit who wanted to travel/study/learn exactly who I was as an adult), then after a few years apart we reconnected and realized that we still loved each other just as much as when we were kids! We’ve lived together for the past 3 years and are happily renovating our outdated condo and traveling the world. Now when it comes to the subject of marriage, he’s the one dragging his feet – go figure undecided 

As far as proposals go, I would want it to be semi-private but would also love pictures capturing the moment. He knows a giant public proposal (while I wouldn’t say no) is definitely not my style, and he’s a very reserved person as well, so I can’t see this being an issue when the big moment FINALLY arrives. We’ve talked about how it would be a more meaningful moment if he put thought into planning some sweet gestures and encorporated some things/locations we both love (on the beach, at the summit of a big hike, etc), as well as discussed that I would prefer for it to remain a secret from our families and friends (as NONE of them can keep secrets for long) so that the surprise is not spoiled. He’s initiated spontaneous side trips to different jewellers to try on rings and knows both my size and style, and is aware *bad girl, bad me* from all my “hints” that I want to at least be engaged before I turn 30 next year.  (silly, I know, but I want a longer engagement and won’t want to spend as much hard-earned money making all of my wedding dreams a reality when in the next few years we will have finished all of the renovations and will be looking for our dream home – which he also knows I will not be signing any big purchases together without bigger commitment). ***Edit – I’m also definitely not into calendar holiday proposals!

…Sorry for the novel! Oops ๐Ÿ˜›

Post # 22
16 posts
Newbee

I started dating my boyfriend in Nov 2009, but knew him since 2006. How the heck do I go to #1??? Cc @danigirl03

Post # 24
35 posts
Newbee

Hi all! I’ve been lurking all over these forums since my bf and I went ring shopping two months ago. I’m waiting and at this moment I’m VEY impatient!!! Just want it to happen already!!!

Anyways! We have been dating for over two years, living together for a year. I am 33 and he’s 30 ๐Ÿ™‚ I would love a private proposal. I’m very anxious about when it’ll happen to begin with and I would rather be home just us when it happens!

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 04/16/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors