(Closed) The Waiting List 04/18/2016

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: How much do you have planned for you wedding?
    I have some ideas in my head : (24 votes)
    26 %
    Nothing until we actually get engaged : (11 votes)
    12 %
    I have a pinterest board...or two : (40 votes)
    43 %
    We've started looking at things together : (11 votes)
    12 %
    We have booked some things even though we aren't engaged : (1 votes)
    1 %
    I've gone to a bridal show or two : (3 votes)
    3 %
    Some things are already bought (Dress, rings, suit, etc) : (2 votes)
    2 %
    Other : (2 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 2
    253 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: City, State

Congratulations to all of the newly engaged bees! 7 engagements in one week, that’s wonderful. I’m up to lucky number 117 now.

I think that the upcoming weekend will also be a big one for futuremrss2016, so hopefully at least one more engagement for next week as well!

MissZ31:  Thank you again for doing the list. We know that it’s a lot of work for you, and we really appreciate it! How have you personally been? 

Post # 3
    236 posts
    Helper bee

Wow lots of engagements this week! At this rate I will be in teens by the time I get engaged. Congrats everyone! 

For the poll I picked a pinerest board but we have also discussed things and have a general idea of what we what to do for our wedding, where it will be and who will be invited. But I don’t want to figure anything else out until we get engaged. 

Post # 4
    346 posts
    Helper bee

Congrats to the newly engaged bees!

MissZ31:  Thanks for keeping the list πŸ™‚

blissfulheart:  How exciting!!!

Post # 5
    100 posts
    Blushing bee

Wow! Moved up 7 spaces! Congratulations to all the newly engaged bees!

for the poll I picked Pinterest boards and looked at some things together, but I also have a few ideas and pictures saved mainly of venues that I like and colour schemes… And some dresses!

Post # 6
    286 posts
    Helper bee

Congratulations to all the newly engaged bees! I’m new on the list at #133 but I don’t think I’ll be up there for long πŸ™‚ 

Post # 7
    386 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2018

I used to be on the list, did I get bumped off? Still a waiting bee!

Post # 8
    550 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2017 - Friendship Plaza

We know we want a Destination Wedding, we’ve thrown around ideas for where, and we’ve talked about how we want it to *be* … small, fun, casual, scenic, easy, what we want the emphasis to be, party, etc. Beyond that I’ve said I don’t want to until we’re engaged.

But I have a secret pinterest board, of course!

Right now I’m #62 and thinking of doing something a little reward-y/fun to ease the waiting stress. If he proposes when I’m in the 50s, I get something, in the 40s something else, in the 30s, etc… and it keeps getting better as the tens go down. Things like a fancy massage or highlighting job… things that I can’t weasel out and get anyway because I normally would, but truly a treat.

Anyone else do this or have ideas?

Post # 9
    201 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2020

moved up by one!! I’m getting there haha. Congrats the newly engaged bees!! So exciting πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Post # 10
    232 posts
    Helper bee

We already have my ring, paid the deposit on a venue, picked a caterer, and I have my reception dress. I will probably have my actual wedding dress by next week. He has asked me to marry him several times (without a ring) and the venue we loved books up at least 15 months in advance. We knew we wanted a July 2017 wedding and had to pick a date quickly because of summer schedules. Nothing about our relationship is “traditional” plus we have both been married before so we pretty much know what we want and if we like it, we pull the trigger.

I do love that he wants the actual proposal to be surprise, so he has taken the ring and put it away in the safe deposit box. I have a suspicion of when it will happen but I am just patiently waiting / planning in the meantime…

Post # 13
    286 posts
    Helper bee

Wow, speeding up the list already! Congrats to all the newly engaged bees! I’ve got a long time to wait yet, so no doubt I’ll be creeping towards the top ten by the time he asks… πŸ˜‰ 

I now have a total of 3 Pinterest boards, depending on what time of year we decide to get married (I have one for summer, Christmas and New Year). I could quite easily have 10 more – writing for wedding magazines means that I’m always coming up with new colour schemes, themes and ideas! God knows how I’ll pick when we actually start planning. 

thessely:  This is an awesome idea! And if I get to number 1 then I will go out and buy myself the damn diamond, haha!

Post # 14
    744 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2017

Can I get added?!?!

SO told me last night it will be this summer, considering it was supposed to have happened late winter, I’ll believe it when it happens! I know it definately won’t be this month or next since we’re back and forth between 2 cities (he started a new job on the otherside of the state and I’m finishing out my job commitments here). The money for my ring ended up going towards the downpayment on our house (so I can’t be too mad, I guess ).

I have a ridiculous amount of Pinterest boards (wedding ware, pictures, reception, cakes, pre-wedding, etc.), mostly because we already know exactly what we want and have pretty specific taste. We’re planning on next summer (though my cousin is now getting married the weekend before we had picked, so it’s going to be later than we had originally thought). We know the venues (not booked) the food we want, where we want the rehersal dinner, the “theme”, what he wants to wear, the men’s wear, the women’s wear and I am in the process of booking an appointment in NYC with House of Mooshki (at his urging) for when they come in October (EEEEEE!!!!!). He knows exactly who he wants in his party, and I have an idea though not everyone lives in the US currently. 

Post # 15
    376 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2018 - City Hall

Yay!!! Congrats to the happy bees!!!!

Thanks a lot for the list! Must be so much hard work!

I picked pinterest board and some ideas in my head. πŸ™‚ 

My time will be coming in May 20th-22nd, I’m sure of the date because my boyfriend had to spill the beans to avoid my hurt feelings. He had accidentally made me think it would happen on the 29th and to avoid dissappointment and hurt feelings told me his plan for that weekend in May (During Comicon!) so yay! 

The topic ‘The Waiting List 04/18/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors