(Closed) The Waiting List 04/26/2016

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: If you had to give up something, what would it be?
    Social media : (8 votes)
    13 %
    Computer/tablet/phone : (1 votes)
    2 %
    Specific types of food (meat, ice cream, coffee, pop, etc) : (9 votes)
    15 %
    TV : (7 votes)
    12 %
    Swearing : (14 votes)
    23 %
    Alcohol : (17 votes)
    28 %
    Shopping : (4 votes)
    7 %
    Other : (0 votes)
  • Post # 2
    1288 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE

I have already given up TV! I haven’t had cable in over 6.5 years. I have Netflix and I watch youtube regularly, if that counts, I suppose. If I had to give something else up it would be certain foods. I am already dieting to lose weight/get healthier (and in prep for engagement/wedding pics ;D) so it wouldn’t be hard to give some more stuff up completely.

Looks like the formatting is fixed now ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 4
    550 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2017 - Friendship Plaza

I could easily give up lima beans ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hey – it was an option!

Assuuuuuming the choices are delectable ones, probably beer. I enjoy it and I’d miss it, but I wouldn’t be heartbroken.

I tried to think of what could be ‘other’, and thought of clothing, accessories, and realized I could never give up jeans of comfy sweatpants.. or makeup, or high heels. I’d give up wine before mascara!

Post # 5
    745 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2017

ElephantAndTheFlea:  Me too! I’m such a “cut the cord” snob! The Boyfriend or Best Friend had cable when we met, but I got him on board pretty quickly. Neither of us could go back to paying for TV!

I’m excited to be on the list and feel like others are in my situation! My friends are all either married or single and think I’m nuts. 

He said he’s picked out the ring and he’s planning to propose this summer! It didn’t sound like he had bought it yet, but I do think he’s planning on getting one of the rose gold morganites from deBebians I showed him in January! He said it takes 3 weeks, so I should plan on this summer (which is the deBebians timeline!).  YAY!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Profile Photo whoami.
    Post # 6
    166 posts
    Blushing bee

I chose alcohol,although I kinda cheated a bit since I havnt had a drink in 5 years! 

Holding strong at 32! I’m so hoping it will be soon. We have just moved and are living on our own now. I stumbled across the ring box in the process of moving, used all of my willpower to close the drawer and walk away without peeping! 

And congrats to all the newly engaged bee’s!

Post # 7
    3306 posts
    Sugar bee

Tv- I use my phone for everything so no need to have one. 

Post # 8
    251 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: City, State

Congratulations to all of the newly engaged bees! 

I chose alcohol, but that’s a bit of a cheat option as I don’t drink to begin with haha. 

Post # 9
    108 posts
    Blushing bee

Congrats to all the newly engaged bees! Can’t believe I started at over 200 and am now in the 80s… Makes me feel like I’ve been waiting forever. Lol 

Post # 10
    327 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2017

yay i finally got put on the list!! Thank you!

Post # 12
    43 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2017

You can take #55 off the list! Got engaged last Friday ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
    236 posts
    Helper bee

Oooo 122 one of my luck numbers! any number with 22 is my lucky number though haha 

i voted that I would get rid of tv, I have had it the last few years but for years before that I didn’t have it didnt have netflix either so I went without any shows! I think I have finally convinced my SO to get rid of cable because we can stream anything we want online. 

Post # 14
    251 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: City, State

futuremrsmmm:  Congratulations!!!!! That’s wonderful! How did he propose? Do you have any ring pictures?

Post # 15
    346 posts
    Helper bee

MissZ31:  thanks for keeping the list ๐Ÿ™‚ still a waiting bee here

Congratulations newly engaged beeees!

The topic ‘The Waiting List 04/26/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors