(Closed) The Waiting List 05/16/2016

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Who do you plan on having in your bridal party?
    Only Siblings : (5 votes)
    8 %
    Only Family Members (siblings, cousins, etc.) : (6 votes)
    10 %
    Friends and Family : (24 votes)
    38 %
    Just my close friends : (7 votes)
    11 %
    I don't want a bridal party : (17 votes)
    27 %
    I haven't decided yet : (4 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    50 posts
    Worker bee

Ooh I’m actually dreading having to choose a bridal party. I’m not close with my sister, but there’d be such drama if I didn’t ask her and I feel I’d end up regretting it… But we barely get along so idk :/

Post # 4
    1149 posts
    Bumble bee

Ooops! I totally missread that as a bridal shower. I voted as not having any by accident.  Honestly I have the wedding details planned to the tee in my head.  The bridal party, I have most of it down save a slot that I’ve been back and forth with.  Some of my friends are amazing friends, but because of things including illnesses, busy times in their lives, etc, I’m not sure if they would be able to fufill all the Bridesmaid or Best Man responsibilities and I wouldn’t want to put them in a difficult position by asking. 

Post # 5
    75 posts
    Worker bee

I haven’t decided yet! I’m totally unsure about all of that and am just focused on enjoying the last bit of being boyfriend-girlfriend.  I’ll save that decision for when he becomes my fiance!

Post # 6
    236 posts
    Helper bee

Congtats on the engagements!!

mrs.akjp:  I, like you, know I will have my best friend for sure but other than that I dont know. I don’t have siblings and am not close with my cousins, so I know I will have only friends in my bridal party but not which friends.

Post # 7
    33 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: Barbados

I’ve been waiting unofficially for 2 years & officially for 5 months now can I please be added to the list?xx

Post # 8
    190 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2018

lavenderlady:  I’m in the same boat! My sister and I used to be close, but now we don’t speak a lot due to the distance between where we live. She has told me in the past though “I better be in your wedding party”, so I feel like I’m obligated to ask her.

Other than that, I have a couple of close friends in mind.

Post # 9
    201 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2020

56, getting closer!! Pease keep me on the list!! A very big congrats to all the newly engaged bees!!

Post # 10
    346 posts
    Helper bee

mrs.akjp:  congratulations to all the newly engaged ladies 😀

#78 waiting

positive vibes bees!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  icelady.
    Post # 11
    50 posts
    Worker bee

webbee:  sounds really similar to my situation. Still, maybe it’ll improve our relationships with our sisters, who knows!

Post # 12
    139 posts
    Blushing bee

In my head I have an idea of who I would want in my wedding. I have a twin sister and I have my cousin who happens to be my best friend and in my family it’s not unusual for a person to refer to that person as “my bf/cousin” and everyone knows who ur talking about without saying a name. I’m close to so many of my cousins and of course my sisters so it may be hard to narrow it down. If not I could end up with a 30 person wedding party easily. LOL!

Post # 15
    22 posts
    Newbee

Please add me to next week’s list. He said the proposal would be by the end of the year, so I could still be waiting a while, but the ring is officially in our house! 

The topic ‘The Waiting List 05/16/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors