(Closed) The Waiting List 05/23/2016

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Vote for each of the following you and your SO have done together!

Gotten Tattoos Together

Had a Bonfire

Gone Fishing Together

Vacationed to another country

Gone Sky Diving Together

Had Halloween "Couples Costumes"

Been to Disneyland/Disney World together

Attended a concert

Built Something Together (If yes...please discuss in comments!)

• Post # 32
    12 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    mmmmouse:  Congratulations girl! Your proposal story seriously sounds so magical!!!! Also your ring and the pictures that you took are absolutely beautiful.

Regarding the poll, I have left the country with my SO a few times. In July we are going on a 7-day Caribbean cruise with my whole family and I am very excited about that. I’ve also been to Disney World with him (being from Florida I felt that I had to take him to experience Disney at least once) but that was back in 2013. We are actually planning on going back in a couple of weeks.

Post # 33
    124 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2018

One spot a week 🙂 Though it would be nice to join all the engaged bees soon, I think it’ll be postponed another while; some very close friends (~15 years history together, they live around the corner from us and are closer than siblings) got enaged recently so there will be no thunder-stealing.

He and I have built a bunch of things together; several computer games, a terrarium, and most recently the furniture for my startup.

Post # 34
    1206 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE

We’ve done a lot of these! We’ve gotten tattoos together (not a couples tattoo [eww] but just got tattoos at the same time) and plan to do so again as soon as we can afford it 🙂 We’ve had a bonfire while camping with friends, we’ve done couples costumes for the last 3 years (leia and boba fett, pirates, and last year was skeletons!), and we attend concerts frequently 🙂 We haven’t built anything together other than cheap furniture, don’t know if that counts…

Still #36, hopefully I will be off the list in about a month or two! 

Post # 35
    73 posts
    Worker bee

I’m at #153. THE RING IS IN THE HOUSE, GUYS!  He says it won’t be for a little while, because he still wants to talk to my parents (awww), but it will be by the end of the summer at the latest.

We’ve traveled to another country together (Mexico). We’ve been to a bunch of concerts together.  Generally he builds / fixes things for me, he’s an engineer but I’m not good with my hands haha.

Post # 36
    173 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2018

I’m engaged (yay!), you can take me off the list now

Post # 37
    205 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
    webbee:  Congratulations!!

Also, congratulations to everyone who got engaged last week. 🙂

Post # 38
    22 posts
    Newbee

Hi everyone, I would like to be added! Thanks! =)

Post # 39
    1042 posts
    Bumble bee

We traveled to a few different countries together and built my PC together.  Honestly we did a lot of things together but nothing on the list really applies to us (we’re not so outdoorsey and don’t really celebrate holidays lol).  PC building was sort of an accomplishment between two technology illiterates. I was quite proud that it worked, after threatening to pull his hair out for the 209384098th time.

Post # 40
    64 posts
    Worker bee

I think I am at that part of the list that doesn’t really move now. Ugh. Hurry up, boyfriends.

My SO and I haven’t done much on the poll list! We have travelled just barely outside of the country. If IKEA furniture counts, we’ve built a couple things. Otherwise, most of the other things are on our bucket list – especially the bonfire/fishing and skydiving.

Post # 41
    205 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2018

My SO and I have built a bonfire together and gone to a concert.  We’re going out of the country together in 2017, too.  But other than that … surprisingly nothing!  We’ve gone backpacking together, though, and on domestic vacations, and stargazing in the middle of an empty field.  

Post # 42
    486 posts
    Helper bee

wow I am #98! That’s so weird. 

Post # 43
    113 posts
    Blushing bee

I was on the list for a time and then took a break from wedding bee lol. Add me! lolee82!

Post # 44
    135 posts
    Blushing bee

Take me off #156. After 7 years and 2 years of lurking on the waiting bee I finally put my name on the list for him to finally decide he was ready. We hiked 5.6 miles up the highest mountain east of the mississippi and at the top he proposed, then we had to hike back down lol. 

Post # 45
    135 posts
    Blushing bee

The topic ‘The Waiting List 05/23/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors