(Closed) The Waiting List – 06/11/2018

posted 1 year ago in Waiting
Post # 3
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2020 - Covington, KY

Longtime lurker, brand-new bee. I would like to be added to the waiting list. Hopefully I did this correct 🙂

Post # 4
65 posts
Worker bee

I’d love to be added please!

To answer the question, I’m seeing late night snacks more and more. I went to a wedding in Chicago that had Portillo’s Chicago style hotdogs as a snack. At a Nashville wedding they served hot chicken. 

I’d love to have a late snack. Maybe warm cookies and shooters of milk along with something savory. 

Post # 5
299 posts
Helper bee

Went to a wedding in April that served “cookies and milk” as a late night snack close to the end of the reception. I hardly saw anyone take one, so I don’t think I’ll be doing that at mine! Very cute idea but unecessary. 

Post # 6
153 posts
Blushing bee

Take me off the list!! My boyfriend proposed at sunset on a short overnight backpacking trip where we had gone on our 3rd date! 

Post # 7
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

I’d love to be added to the list! I’m a new bee and I’m really excited! Hopefully I won’t be on for too long!! 

As for late night snacks, I’m in the midwest and most weddings do that now around here. I personally believe it is more of a “peace of mind” issue after the open bars. My parents did it for my brother’s wedding (just mini tacos, sliders, etc.) To get people to stop slamming free drinks for about an hour! It worked, and most people ate! We also have receptions go from like 5 to midnight. You need another snack in there! 

Post # 9
39 posts
Newbee

I would like to be added please!!

Post # 10
166 posts
Blushing bee

kailani18 :  Congratulations!!

For this week’s question – some weddings I have been to have them, some don’t. I am personally a fan. I think having something at the end of night after an open bar is always a good thing. Plus I love dancing at weddings so I usually end up missing most of cake/dessert, so it’s nice to have something at the end of the night. Breakfast sandwiches are actually a favorite of mine if the wedding ends late. I know that SO agrees with me and loves the idea of a late night snack, so I am sure we will have something!

Post # 11
577 posts
Busy bee

Can I please be added to the list? 

And late night snack sounds terrific!

Post # 12
39 posts
Newbee

I would like to be added! 

Post # 13
300 posts
Helper bee

I would like to be added, please!

To answer your question of the week: yes I would love a late night snack at my future wedding. We are both obsessed with pizza so we hope to do tiers of pizza resembling a wedding cake!

Post # 14
353 posts
Helper bee

DaniGirl03 :  thank you for the shoutout! I recently took a little WB break to give myself some space from “waiting” but I’m hopefull this summer is it! I can’t beleive I’m down to 21! I hope your work situation is under control, how stressful!

Late night snacks are fairly common in our area, partially because ballroom/hotel weddings typically have them built into their packages. I have freinds getting married in wisconsin next year that are doing cheese curds and other wisconsin foods for their late night snack and I’m VERY excited about this! Other friends have had pizza or chick fil a, both of which were great!

I’d like to have a brunch wedding so won’t be doing this, but if we do an evening wedding I’d love to surprise my SO with chocolate chip cookies and pretzels which are his fav.

Post # 15
6 posts
Newbee

I would like to be added please! 

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 06/11/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors