(Closed) The Waiting List 06/20/2016

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: How long were you two friends before you started dating?
    Less than a year. : (50 votes)
    71 %
    1 Year : (2 votes)
    3 %
    2 Years : (6 votes)
    9 %
    3 Years : (3 votes)
    4 %
    4 Years : (3 votes)
    4 %
    5 Years : (2 votes)
    3 %
    6 Years : (0 votes)
    7 Years : (1 votes)
    1 %
    8+ Years : (3 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 31
    75 posts
    Worker bee

take me off the list! 🙂

He took me to a beach in Newport, RI around 9pm after a dinner/movie date yesterday.  I figured out what was happening pretty early in the day because he’s a terrible secret keeper, haha. He asked, I said yes.  It was wonderfully private in the dark with no one around, and no sounds except for the waves crashing against the rocks.  We hung out for awhile that night, and then came back to our spot (we call it “our spot” now hehe) during the day today to take some pictures. I grew up around here and love the ocean, so it was a wonderfully romantic 🙂

Post # 32
    219 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2017

Hi there! I’d like to please be added to the list! My boyfriend just approved the CAD of my ring yesterday (we custom designed one!), and he’ll be seeing the wax model sometime this week before Thursday! So I’m truly OFFICIALLY waiting now! I’m so excited! 

As as for the poll question, I voted less than a year. A week after moving here, his college friend/my high school friend, introduced us. He asked me on a date, and a year and half later here we are!  Oddly enough we realized that 4 years ago we were both at another mutual friends wedding, and happen to be in a group picture together but we never actually met! 

Post # 33
    26 posts
    Newbee

southernbellewindycity:  Exciting times! Designing one together is really special 🙂

I forgot didn’t answer the poll. Fiance (Eee!) and I were just friends for about four months before he asked me out. 

Post # 34
    219 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2017

shrillerbee:  thanks so much!  Did y’all design yours together? I saw your ring in the other thread and its gorgeous! Congrats!! (Mine is actually going to look really similar, just a different shaped center stone) 

Post # 35
    1542 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2018

Can I be added to the list?

Post # 37
    26 posts
    Newbee

southernbellewindycity:  thank you! Yes, we did in a way. I never would have tried the setting on if he had never suggested it (he doesn’t remember doing this). I also went with tweaks (getting a custom setting on MoCo) because we both decided it would be nice to have matching wedding bands so the centre stone sits a bit higher allowing for a straight band. So by no means, a design from scratch but he was as involved as I would have ever dreamed and it makes me proud to wear something he picked out.  

Post # 38
    983 posts
    Busy bee

Okay, after a pretty long hiatus I think it’s getting a bit closer so I’d like to go back on the list please!

Some beautiful stories and rings recently. <3

The topic ‘The Waiting List 06/20/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors