(Closed) The Waiting List – 06/25/2018

posted 1 year ago in Waiting
Post # 3
383 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2021 - British Columbia, Canada

Congrats, bees! 🙂

My SO knows that anything too public, or with too many people involved, isn’t really my style. He’s a pretty private person as well, so this works perfectly. I’m an avid surfer and hiker, something that involved one of my passions is something I’ve always dreamed about. Also, if he wanted to go the route of a pet proposal, that would be pretty sweet! 

For a dream proposal… I guess one where the moment just feels absolutely “right” to both of us – where we’re in sync, content and relaxed, not overly emotional. Maybe at the summit of our next big volcano climb? With lots of endorphins and the opportunity to feel as though we’re standing on top of the world together?

Horror proposal would be one where it takes so long to happen that it feels like the only reason it’s come to fruition is due to my nagging, or a sense of obligation on his part. Definitely lots of people knowing it was coming before me, that would turn me off. Or one done in a public setting with only his family present – not to say they’re not fantastic people, but I prefer to share big news with people on my own terms. And certainly not in food – I hoover everything down so fast I’d eat my ring 😂

Post # 4
16 posts
Newbee

DaniGirl03 :  hi there! 

Long time lurker and first time poster. I have been following this list for over a year!! And I would love to be added to the list! We have designed a ring and now I am (not so) patiently waiting for it! 

As for my dream proposal….I would love something romantic and thoughtful! 

As for my nightmare….I guess it would be a half assed proposal where he makes no attempt to make it special or about us as a couple! 

Good luck to all those on the list! 

Post # 5
768 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Congrats bees! Such gorgeous rings!

I don’t think I actually have a dream proposal, I just want it to come from the heart. We always walk our dog up to the gorgeous park and just one day after work would be perfect for me, very us.

A nightmare would be anywhere in public. I see people get engaged at baseball games all the time and I’m like no no no I couldn’t bear that.

Post # 6
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2019 - City, State

A dream proposal is just that it is happening! It’s a big enough gesture to propose in any way. Nightmare proposal? You all ever seen that episode of Portlandia where Lance proposes to Nina? Probably that. Lollll.

Post # 7
2072 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

Congratulations to all the engaged!! Your rings are beautiful!! 

For my dream proposal: Actually 4th of July on the boat under the fireworks (I LOVE fireworks! and boats!). Plus both of our families are always down there, so taking the boat out by ourselves, getting that moment, and then coming back to celebrate with both families would be perfect! 

He knows I like fireworks, and would love to be propsed to over the 4th weekend, but I don’t think the ring will be ready by then. So I’m guessing it will come someother time! 

My nightmare: doing it at a baseball game or something. It’s just too public and I really want my family to know before a bunch of strangers do! 

Post # 8
352 posts
Helper bee

My SO knows I really don’t like public proposals or all of our friends or family there. Other than that, I think I’d be fine with any type of proposal! I don’t have a big dream proposal in my head… ok maybe the zoo since that is my favorite and we’ve spent several anniversaries there

Post # 9
331 posts
Helper bee

I don’t have strong feelings about the proposal, but I do hope it’s something special! I’d be happy with a public proposal or one with friends and family or one that’s intimate. My nightmare proposal? I’ve been married before, and that guy proposed right after we had sex. I didn’t even have clothes on. It was awful.

Post # 11
2072 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

lyfe_girl :  ewww! That’s my new nightmare proposal! I want to change my answer. Sorry bee! 

Post # 13
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Kentwood, MI

My dream proposal would be something to do with Disney. Like Disney music, or movie, just something really special. He knows I love downtown of my city, so something with that would be awesome. Nightmare proposal, probably Jumbotron or sporting event. I love sports, but that’s too much anxiety for me.

Post # 14
201 posts
Helper bee

Congratulations to the newly engaged bees! Your rings are beautiful!!!! 

I used to have a “dream proposal” but at this point, I’m so in love with my SO that he could propose in bed first thing in the morning with no one around or he could propose in front of 3,000 people and I would be just as happy… EXCEPT the worst proposal… at someone else’s wedding or wedding event (rehersal dinner, shower, etc.)

Post # 15
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2020 - Hampton, VA

My dream proposal would include him having something planned to say. Getting down on one knee while he says it all. Maybe with him tearing up a little (so not going to happen). haha 

I don’t prefer big public things but if he did it like that, I’d be okay with it. More people to celebrate in the moment with! If he did it at home in our backyard or shoot, even in the bathroom or something, I’d be elated. I hope he includes my daughter, but I’m also cool with it just being the two of us.

A disaster proposal to me, would just be if we dropped the ring, or lost it, or we fought right before/after I guess. 

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 06/25/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors