(Closed) The Waiting List – 06/25/2018

posted 1 year ago in Waiting
Post # 16
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2020 - Covington, KY

You can take me off the list. My now fiancé proposed on 6/22 on the day before our 5 year anniversary. We were at an event with my sister and niece (who live out of town and I only see a couple times a year). He got my niece to hold a sign saying “Auntie Em, will you make *my fiancé’s name* my uncle?” and then she flipped the sign and it said “turn around”. I turned around and my now fiancé was down on one knee. 

The ring picture was taken outside when we went to the car to go to dinner to celebrate. (On iPad so I apologize if picture is too big)

Post # 17
102 posts
Blushing bee

rockinchica77 :  wow congrats! Beautiful ring! I used to absolutely love and dream the idea of fairy lights and/ or candles. Three and a half years later all I want is something thought through and romantic and a plan for us to be alone and enjoy it together afterwards rather than having to share it straight away. To be honest I had my heart set on him proposing on our three years anniversary trip as he had gone on and on about making this surprise weekend so perfect but nevermind!

Post # 18
247 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - Queens, NY

rockinchica77 :  OH MY GOD!!!!!!! ANOTHER PURPLE STONE PERSON!!! IT IS STUNNING! <3 Congratulations!! 

Huge progress was made today. I found a jeweler who makes these rings that I swear are a dream to look at. They’re incredibly stunning. After a lot of back and forth, we’re going to go look on the 18th. It would have been sooner, but he can’t do weekends and is going on vacation for the next two weeks, so I have to be patient for three more weeks.

Since yesterday was my utter failure of a birthday, my SO and I went out to dinner tonight and we wound up talking about our future wedding. I pitched the idea of finding a yacht we could charter with a deal that’s friendly to our budget and we both wound up really loving the idea for a variety of reasons, so we decided in the next couple of weeks to start building our guest list, figure out who we want to invite, and then start researching companies for this.

We also talked about proposals, funnily enough. He was going on about how he failed me for my birthday, so I told him to do a cute proposal and we’ll call it even. That said, my dream proposal would be at either the bookstore where we met. We’d be downstairs and he’d sneak up to the main floor, then ask me to meet him in the cafe. Once I got there and settled in, he’d come back down on the escalator and propose in the spot and in the way we first met.

Or he could do it at Central Park around the reservoir, which was where we went after the bookstore that first afternoon we spent together. We walked around the entire thing with our friend, who jabbered on forever, oblivious to the fact that we were trying to act SO COOL for each other the entire time.

Almost anything would be good with me, though. I’d even accept a dumb jumbotron proposal if it came down to it. That said, nightmare scenarios include at other people’s events of any kind, tied to his penis with toilet paper, or his suggestions of tying it to the kitchen fan and turning it on high or else tying it to the cat and setting her loose. 

Post # 19
2062 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

rockinchica77 :  Congratulations!! The ring is beautiful!! And your proposal sounds perfect!! 

Post # 20
2062 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

catthebee37 :  I can’t wait to see your ring, either!! I’m loving all the purple stones! 

Post # 21
71 posts
Worker bee

My dream proposal would be at night in a city probably over wine and a delicious meal. I would love for it to be private as I cringe at the thought of doing it in front of family and friends. I just feel like it’s a bit overdone and would make me feel self conscious and awkward lol. Low key suits me, bit still intimate and romantic.

Post # 22
71 posts
Worker bee

rockinchica77 :  

your ring is absolutely beautiful! I also have nail envy too. Congratulations!! 

Post # 23
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2020 - Covington, KY

Thanks everyone for the love! Excited to hear about others proposals and maybe get more nail color ideas lol

Post # 24
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2020 - City, State

Congrats to all the newly engaged!! 

I have no dream proposal other than I want him to have put a little thought into it which he knows. He is notorious for never planning and thinking about anything, he calls it being spontainous but I call it frustrating as i know with him if you never plan then things never happen! He knows I don’t want big and dramatic and I would be happy with simple and sweet as long as he has thought about location or even just he words he will use. 

However I would be estatic at this point with however he does it!!

Post # 25
359 posts
Helper bee

My dream proposal would probably be if we went to a cute café for breakfast on our upcoming trip to France and he just quietly pulled out the ring while we had breakfast & coffee. I’m super low-key and would never want something big and public. I think it would be nice to get engaged first thing in the morning and instead of going to bed excited, I’d get to spend the whole day excited!

Post # 26
165 posts
Blushing bee

I don’t try to get my brain fixated on the idea of what a “perfect proposal” would look like because I know my SO isn’t in my brain and don’t want to set myself to have that mindset.

A nightmare proposal would be him just kind of handing me the ring without any real plan or thought behind it at all. After I have waited all this time he better have an actual plan! It doesn’t have to be anything over the top, but I do want it to be thoughtful and fit us as a couple.

Post # 27
71 posts
Worker bee

I would love to be added to the list! Hopefully won’t be waiting TOO much longer… we are going ring shopping later this month.

As for a dream proposal… I honestly don’t have one. Just something private and sincere. Nothing in public!!

Post # 28
76 posts
Worker bee

I am hoping my SO proposes at the race track. That’s how we met, and it’s a place near and dear to us. I tried some reverse psychology once where I meantioned that I didn’t think he would do it there, and that’s normally very successful wink. I would only be disappointed if it wasn’t a surprise. My father ruined my sister’s fiancé’s proposal. He told my sister her Boyfriend or Best Friend was planning to propose. (In my father’s defense, they’re very young, and he wanted to make sure she was ready.) Now both my SO and I are terrified he’ll ruin it for us too. 

Post # 29
4 posts
Wannabee

Add me to the list, too, please~

My boyfriend of 7 years has made it clear that we will be engaged by the end of the year – so hopefully not too much longer now! The ring has been picked out and is being paid for. I can’t wait!

Post # 30
24 posts
Newbee

Congrats to all those engaged! 

I would love a proposal that included our dog as he is such a big part of our lives. There would be no proposal that I would not enjoy so excited! 

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 06/25/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors