(Closed) The Waiting List 06/27/2016

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: What are some aspects you hope are included into your proposal? (Multiple Choice Poll)
    He gets down on one knee. : (44 votes)
    27 %
    My fingernails are beautifully painted. : (32 votes)
    20 %
    There is someone to photograph the moment. : (23 votes)
    14 %
    It's just the two of us alone. : (26 votes)
    16 %
    It's somewhere with a gorgeous view. : (21 votes)
    13 %
    Our animal(s) are included in the proposal. : (6 votes)
    4 %
    My family/friends are there to witness it. : (7 votes)
    4 %
    There is a planned engagement party to follow with friends/family. : (3 votes)
    2 %
    Other (would love to hear of some other proposal dreams/wishes!) : (1 votes)
    1 %
  • Post # 3
    1149 posts
    Bumble bee

Wow! Lots of action these past two weeks! Congratulations, bees!

As for the poll, Fiance is not the romantic kind. Either he’ll probably just take me out to a restaurant and ask or he could do it while on the toilet. Who knows? I wouldn’t mind and don’t expect anything elaborate lol. Planning of anything is mostly left to me. I just hope that when we he proposes (no matter how unromantic the fashion) that he does it somewhere pretty. Pictures would be nice, but I think thats unlikely.

Post # 4
    1537 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2018

My nails are never painted so that isn’t a factor but I would like him on one knee. 

Post # 5
    929 posts
    Busy bee

Congrats to all the newly engaged bees!

Post # 7
    1288 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE

Still #35… Expecting it in September or October now, but I know he’s saving money actively and he keeps talking about the incoming proposal πŸ™‚ How he can’t wait, as soon as he has the money, so excited to do it, has ideas on how he’s gonna do it, etc. We weren’t on different pages before, but it seems we’re in the same paragraph now πŸ˜‰ He seems so excited and I am too!

I do my own nails so they’re pretty much always done and looking pretty good, and of course I want him down on one knee! I’d love for it to be in front of our closest friends at a big party of some sort! I’m hoping for Halloween secretly πŸ˜‰ 

Post # 8
    745 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2017

We have 3 dogs and I’d love for them to be incorporated and I’d love for someone to take pictures. I was hoping it was going to be at Mount Rushmore, a couple weeks ago, I don’t know how he could possible beat that view πŸ˜‰ but I hope he tries!

I work at a hospital as a tech, so my nails have to be short and no gel polish. Regular polish I chip as soon as I leave the house so I’ve given up on my nails looking good!

Post # 10
    1288 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE

mrs.akjp:  weeellll, I wanted it in April, but things didn’t go as planned lol. I’m happy whenever, and with how he’s talking, it will definitely be before halloween, but if he’s gonna wait that long (either because he wants to or it takes that long to have enough for my ring) he’d better make it good! πŸ˜‰

Post # 11
    3306 posts
    Sugar bee

That someone is there to video record or photograph it and he gets down on ones knee. Bonus- him saying sweet things versus just asking the question. 

My ex didn’t do any of those and I always felt jipped with that proposal.

Congrats to the engaged bees!!!

Post # 12
    3361 posts
    Sugar bee

Oh I love that you added our date of entry on the list !! And I cannot believe I have been on for 5 years ! I am wayyyy too patient !! HAHA Congrats to the newly engaged bees !

Post # 13
    252 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: City, State

maudemaisha:  It’s wonderful to hear from you! What is your waiting story? Ive always wanted to ask πŸ™‚

Post # 14
    201 posts
    Helper bee

Alrighty… standing still at 54 are we? I’m okay with that πŸ™‚ please keep me on this list!

CONGRATS TO ALL THE NEWLY ENGAGED BEES!!

Post # 15
    593 posts
    Busy bee

I want to be added to the list!!!

I’m with my man for 3 and a half years (I’m 2 months short of 24, he’s one year older than me). I proposed that he’d propose last September and I’m waiting since then. I thought it would be pointless for me to join when my proposal is just around the corner since he has told me a month ago that the jeweler has his moissanite already (we agreed on it both but I’ve never seen it and he accidentaly told me that he already has it), but I came to a realisation yesterday that it won’t happen on out trip to Sardinia next week because he still doesn’t have the ring! I have some mourning to do on that, hopes completely shattered… The waiting is always picking at my brain, I can’t even concentrate at work and I spend 30% of my time on these boards!

My ideal proposal is in a nice scenery place, completely just the two of us, he says some sweet romantic words to me and is romantic AF, gets down on one knee and pops the question – PERFECT!

The topic ‘The Waiting List 06/27/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors