(Closed) The Waiting List 06/27/2016

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: What are some aspects you hope are included into your proposal? (Multiple Choice Poll)
    He gets down on one knee. : (44 votes)
    27 %
    My fingernails are beautifully painted. : (32 votes)
    20 %
    There is someone to photograph the moment. : (23 votes)
    14 %
    It's just the two of us alone. : (26 votes)
    16 %
    It's somewhere with a gorgeous view. : (21 votes)
    13 %
    Our animal(s) are included in the proposal. : (6 votes)
    4 %
    My family/friends are there to witness it. : (7 votes)
    4 %
    There is a planned engagement party to follow with friends/family. : (3 votes)
    2 %
    Other (would love to hear of some other proposal dreams/wishes!) : (1 votes)
    1 %
  • Post # 16
    36 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2017

Hi ladies! I haven’t really been active on the boards, but I wanted to share that my sweetie proposed a couple of weeks ago while we were on vacation! You can stroke #20 off the list. It was very special and well worth the wait πŸ™‚ Here’s the ring: VVS2, I colour, .56 carat Canadian diamond. I’m in love.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  fawnoftime.
    Post # 17
    36 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2017

Monsoon87:  Ack sorry for the giant picture!

Post # 18
    29 posts
    Newbee

Take #88 off the list! Post with story and pics to come later tonight, but suffice to say it was perfect and I’m so excited to call him my fiancé! 

Post # 19
    33 posts
    Newbee

can you add me to the wait list! Thanks!

Post # 20
    252 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: City, State

sassydingo:  Congratulations!!!! Very happy for you! I’m looking forward to reading your proposal story πŸ™‚

Post # 21
    346 posts
    Helper bee

mrs.akjp:  tks for keeping the list bee πŸ™‚

#75  waiting…

keeping busy. focusing on me. appreciating every new day!

Congrats to all the newly engaged beeeees.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  icelady.
    Post # 22
    346 posts
    Helper bee

fawnoftime:  to bee #20, yay and congrats!

bee #75 πŸ˜‰ 

Post # 23
    252 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: City, State

fawnoftime:  Congratulations! What a gorgeous ring! I especially love seeing the bees higher on the Waiting List get engaged, and see their dreams come true πŸ™‚

Post # 24
    441 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2018 - Parklands, Quendon Hall

Hello, I am still waiting but don’t seem to be on the list anymore

Post # 25
    12 posts
    Newbee

Congrats to alll of the newly engaged beeeees!!!!

Post # 26
    2099 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2018

HI there. Please add me to the waiting list. This will be my second time around. I’m a veteran to wedding boards, but new here (migrating from theknot). Excited to get to know you all!

Post # 27
    2099 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2018

Just a bit about myself since I’ve enjoyed reading some of your stories: met my Boyfriend or Best Friend in late 2012. Like I posted above, it’s my second time around. First married in my 20’s. Had a great marriage until my cancer disgnosis, which was very difficult on both of us. The marriage didn’t survive, but I did (going on 8 years now!). Divorced in my late 30’s and was nervous about dating at that age. Turns out it was no problem, and I had a blast. I would never have believed it, but Boyfriend or Best Friend is even a better match and fit for me than my ex. I am so thankful to have met him. Currently, we are living together in my condo while he renovates his house and then we will move in there and I will sell my place.

We’ve talked about marriage. It’s not super important to him, but he respects that it’s important to me. He took me to Paris on my 40th birthday, and I sorta thought it might happen there, but it didn’t. Oh well! I am looking forward to it sometime in the near (I hope) future.

As for the survey, I would like for us to be alone, although I wouldn’t mind an outdoor location that we both love. I have the balcony of the Kennedy Center in my head, since we practically live there(we are huge music fans and are often attending concerts there). Definitely do NOT want him down on one knee though! I’d like us both to be standing. Lol. We are planning a big vacation somewhere far away soon (thinking Japan, Austrailia, New Zealand, somewhere faaaar from where we live), so maybe it will be there. Anyway, thanks for adding me to the list!

Post # 28
    16 posts
    Newbee

mrs.akjp:  You can remove #166!! I had a feeling it would be today (last week) and it was! 

We went to a gorgeous conservatory and wandered for a while before coming to the rose garden. I found a jasmine tree, which I love and stopped to smell it. I said “It just smells like love,” and he said yes and I turned and there he was. I squealed. I asked if he was serious. I cried a little. I squeezed and kissed him. And then he reminded me that I hadn’t actually answered… Obviously it was a yes!

Post # 29
    30 posts
    Newbee

Can I be added to the list?Β 

Post # 30
    286 posts
    Helper bee

Congratulations ladies – the bees have been busy! πŸ˜‰

LOVE this poll, by the way – I’ve actually never really thought about whether I’d want it just the two of us or with other people! All I know is that a flash mob would be game over, haha!

The topic ‘The Waiting List 06/27/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors