(Closed) The Waiting List 07/05/2016

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: What are some "wedding traditions" that you DO NOT want in your wedding?
    Not seeing the groom until you're walking down the aisle : (18 votes)
    9 %
    Having a flower girl/ring bearer : (23 votes)
    11 %
    Bouquet Toss : (28 votes)
    14 %
    Garter Tradition : (42 votes)
    21 %
    Separate cake for "Grooms Cake" : (40 votes)
    20 %
    Matching style/color bridesmaids dresses : (15 votes)
    7 %
    Having a bridal party : (12 votes)
    6 %
    Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties : (12 votes)
    6 %
    Having something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue : (12 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 21
    2103 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2018

mrs.akjp:  That’s a great idea to do something with your future SILs. My Boyfriend or Best Friend has a sister and a SIL (sister’s wife) and although I like them a lot, we are not very close and don’t hang out without Boyfriend or Best Friend. I’ve always wanted a closer relationship with them, so doing something like a movie night or dinner just the 3 of us is a great idea.

Post # 22
    261 posts
    Helper bee

I’d like to be added to the list, please! My boyfriend and I have been dating for two years, and I know he’s the person I want to spend my life with. We’ve been talking rings & timelines for a few months now, but we’re only in our mid-20s so I haven’t been impatient. I know he wants to marry me too, we’re very much on the same page. He’s been saying he wants to save more money & hasn’t wanted to go look at rings yet, which is fine. No rush!

But he’s been dropping a few hints lately, or I think they might be hints. We were talking today about how we’ll probably extend our current lease for another year & a half, and we both discussed the idea that by then it might make the most sense to go ahead & buy a house rather than get another apartment. But then I reminded him that I’ve always said I didn’t want to buy a house unless we were married. He looked straight at me and said “Who knows, maybe we will be by then!” and walks away. Eeeee, bees, I think I’m officially waiting! So excited. Even if he’s just trying to throw me off the scent, I feel like that shows he’s thinking about proposing in a serious way. 

Post # 23
    3361 posts
    Sugar bee

@blissfulheart Sorry I didn’t answer your post on the last list ! My waiting story… Oh dear it,s a long one (obviously! haha) 

We have been together 6 years (we are 32 and 33). I have been waiting forever it seems ! For the first few years, I knew he wasn’t ready so I tried not to mention it too much. Also, I was in school and he is a musician so nothing stable at the time. Then came his European tours and my out-of-country internship (I’m a teacher) so that slowed things down. We didn’t see each other for 5 months while I was away. I had hopes of that making him realize he could’t live without me but nope.. haha Well I’m a little unfair, he did get more serious after our time apart, but I think mariage scares him a little (bad experience with his parents’ divorce, etc) So now I am just waiting… 

I do feel some resentment at the wait being so long.. But I am trying to be reasonable. I keep telling myself not to rush something that I want to last for my entire life! But let’s be honest, after 6 years, even if I turn on the pressure, I wouldn’t be “rushing” anything ! 

Any questions ? ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 24
    3306 posts
    Sugar bee

maudemaisha:  I was just wondering if anyone in the top 20 were still posting. Thanks for telling us your story – Isimle (I think that is her name) waited 10+ years for her guy. She was around when I was on the board the first time. She finally got married last year- I was really happy for her. I hope the same happens for you too. 

Post # 25
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: Greenspot Farms

I can be taken off the list, my story is posted to the boards. thanks for all you do!!!

Post # 26
    431 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2017

Please take me off the list! Got engaged yesterday and posted my story!

The topic ‘The Waiting List 07/05/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors