(Closed) The Waiting List 07/18/2016

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
489 posts
Helper bee

mrs.akjp :  I myself have been getting asked this question and all of its variations almost daily here lately!😣 Whend you tell people that you have been together 8+ years! I’ve been told by someone very close to him, that maybe he’s just not that into you! You know we all wants him to be with ___________! We don’t know why he chose you in the first place, you just don’t fit in with our group. Now those hurt, even though I try to act like they don’t. But my amazing SO always comes to my rescue (it’s only happen about 3 times over the 8+ years) and sets the record straight. That he loves me and couldn’t imagine his life without me. Now the ones from my grandmother and older couples that we know, even though it throws it in my face that we have been together for such a long time and are not married or even engaged…I think it’s cute! They have been with their spouse for 25+ years and can see that we belong together! SO’s birthday is Wednesday maybe I’ll get to be his forever present! Fingers crossed!!!

Post # 5
744 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

mrs.akjp :  Your summary is so perfect, I had a tear! Thank you for all you do!

Post # 6
971 posts
Busy bee

whoami :  will miss having you as a neighbor on the list! Congrats!

Post # 7
663 posts
Busy bee

Oh I know it’s soo annoying. SO and I have been dating for 4 1/2 years and every big event or party were asked when the ring is coming.  I don’t think he knows how annoying it is for me -.-

Post # 8
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Watching myself move higher on this list is so goddamn depressing.

On the bright side, last night my FH said he thought my mom could “tell” that it was “coming up soon.”  πŸ˜€

Post # 9
1350 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

mrs.akjp :  You are so sweet!  Thank you for such a wonderful overview of my proposal!  Very happy to give up the #6 spot πŸ™‚  Good luck to all the future bees – I promise that the wait is WORTH IT in the end!!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 10
744 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

lauralaura123 :  Thank you! Fingers crossed for you!

Post # 11
50 posts
Worker bee

I love reading about all these proposals every week! So happy for the newly engaged bees! πŸ˜€

My guy has just told me he’s chosen a ring, but not bought it yet, so I’m excited!

Post # 13
136 posts
Blushing bee

@Kandykane1

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for the both of you. YAY, maybe you started a trend for the rest of us TOP 10 on the list. (fingers crossed)

Post # 14
129 posts
Blushing bee

Aaaah these questions…I too have started to cringe when someone new asks how long we’ve been together. While we were still in school it was totally a point of pride for me. But now we’re established in our careers and adult lives…the reaction has moved from “wow, you must be serious!” to “so what’s the hold up?!” πŸ˜‰ 

As for questions about when we’ll be engaged…it drives me nuts when someone asks just me, but I secretly am ok when someone asks my SO while we’re together. He can use the reminder!

Post # 15
1350 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Misstiff :  Thank you!!! πŸ™‚  I sure hope I started a trend for the rest of the top 10!! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘The Waiting List 07/18/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors