(Closed) The Waiting List 07/18/2016

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 16
1286 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE

Ugggh, everyone always asks that question to us! When they ask me I say “You’ll have to ask him about that!” and when they ask him he says “When I have the money!”

He’s saving for a ring and it’s coming soon, but we’re such a good couple and everyone has known us for so long that they are getting as antsy as I am lol 🙂

Post # 17
403 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: Florida

My poor SO gets way more grief than I do ha. Most of my friends make comments like ‘why aren’t you two married yet??’ To which I usually laugh and say ‘well we’ve only been dating a year and a half! What’s the rush?!’…sometimes we go out with all our married friends who’ll comment ‘do you think y’all will get married in Chicago or back home?’ Doesn’t bother us, I like it because they clearly see us as a serious couple. As for my SO usually when we go to his work events they’ll be like ‘oh is this your wife?!’ And he’ll awkwardly be like ‘uhhhh no this is my girlfriend’. My favorite was once at his parents house, I was in the kitchen making coffee and his mom, aunt and grandma walked up to him on the other side of the kitchen and were ‘when are you getting married?’ And he goes ‘soon’ and his grandma goes ‘how soon’ and he goes ‘really soon! Ok?!’ We all just started laughing haha

Post # 18
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Never thought I’d be in the top 50. Hope everyone is doing well! 

Post # 19
216 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I’d like to be on the list😊 

Post # 20
129 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
RobynEileen :  I was lurking around here when you stopped posting a few months ago — but I was worried for you! How did things turn out with your guy? 

Post # 21
489 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
mrs.akjp :  Exactly! I’ve told some people to ask SO, he’s the only one who knows when it will happen! It has gotten old to be asked so frequently…I’m just ready for him to propose already…lol

Post # 22
728 posts
Busy bee

#24 on the list here. Why am i the only one with half my screename missing?? Lol

Post # 24
2069 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

View original reply
MrsFrog2Be :  Wow, that is so rude! If any so-called friend of mine ever said or even insinuated that my BF “doesn’t fit in” with my group, that friend would be history because he/she is the one who doesn’t fit in with me. I hope your BF lets this person know that it is not OK to speak to you that way.

Post # 25
2069 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Honestly, no one really asks us when we are getting married. Maybe it’s because we’re in our early 40’s, but no one gives a crap whether we get married or when. Lol. I’m pretty sure my parents would like us to get married, but they wouldn’t dream of asking.

Post # 26
1146 posts
Bumble bee

Congratulations bees! All the rings look lovely. Hope you other top ten bees get your proposals soon, it’s been quite a wait for you girls!

Post # 27
202 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2020

Holding tight to those 50’s… 50 to be exact… so close to the next level haha. Please keep me on the list!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE NEWLY ENGAGED BEES!!

Post # 28
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2017

#119 is off the list! We got engaged yesterday on a hike while on vacation! It was almost foiled by a family that ended up at he cabin at the top of the trail shortly after us.  We had brought our lunch to eat and we’re just enjoying the view.  The family left and I went to use the latrine slightly downhill (haha).  When I came back up he was looking at something on the rock ledge and kneeling.  He called me over to look at something and pulled out a ring.  I believe he said “well, what do you think?  Do you want to get married?” I was completely surprised!  It was very sweet and perfect for us both. 

Post # 29
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Dispite dating for almost 5 years, I actually don’t often get asked about engagement. My boyfriend is asked fairly frequently by coworkers, but I’m in Ireland, and am practically only ever asked by non-european friends. I suspect it helps that decade-long relationships prior to engagements are the norm in my circle.

That said, his mother is definitely starting to hint. Nothing too forward, but the last 3 times I’ve seen her we’ve ended up talking dresses and rings. 

Post # 30
286 posts
Helper bee

Woah, I’ve gone from triple digits to double! Scary stuff! 

Congrats to all the bees this week – fab summaries 

View original reply
mrs.akjp! 🙂 Also 
View original reply
kandykane1 I am LOVING your ring/mani combo! 

My boyfriend and I are going ring shopping for the first time this weekend (as I keep posting all over the boards about, haha) and I am SO excited! A proposal is still a way off but this is a big step towards it! 

The topic ‘The Waiting List 07/18/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors