(Closed) The Waiting List – 07/23/2018

posted 1 year ago in Waiting
Post # 3
768 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Whoops! Meant to say take me off the list but my lovely fiancé proposed last week ๐Ÿ™‚ in our summer spot surrounded by friends and family. We’re so excited and set a date for next summer! And I will be taking his name one of my adorable friends already got me a monogrammed coffee cup with my new initials!

Post # 4
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2020 - Windermere, Cumbria

Holding steady at 25. ๐Ÿ˜€ 

Post # 5
95 posts
Worker bee

Add me, please!

And I am planning on taking his name,  not because I have too, but because I want to. 

Post # 6
76 posts
Worker bee

I’m so pumped to change my name when SO and I get married. My last name is 11 letters long and people are obnoxious about it. It’s phonetic, but uncommon so people can never spell, pronounce, or sometimes even remember it. My SO’s last name is 4 letters and very common. Can’t wait to get rid of that little headache.

Post # 7
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Kentwood, MI

Still holding strong at number 18. Yes I’m planning on taking my so’s name. I have eas right now, can’t wait for eab. ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 8
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2020 - City, State

Add me please!

I’ll take his last name, my maiden name has caused nothing but trouble my whole life (it has an apostrophe in it), but I may make it a 2nd middle name, haven’t decided

Post # 9
16 posts
Newbee

Q: Do you plan to change your name when you get married?

I do plan on changing my name when I get married. I love the idea of having my so’s last name. It’s also ironic that he dated someone with my name and his last name but hers was probably short for Jessica while mine is not.

Post # 10
383 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2021 - British Columbia, Canada

Congrats, bees! I’m super on the fence about taking his last name, because I love my name and that’s who I am (stomping my feet like a grown independent woman)…

Post # 11
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2020

loveatthefinishline :  I feel you! My name is also completely phonetic, but because it’s 11 letters long people don’t even try. Some of the pronunciations/ spellings I’ve had are rediculous. On top of that my name has a space in it (yep a space, not a hyphon) which is a nightmare for most computer systems.
undecided So yeh, I’ll be taking his far simpler last name – however I’m rather attached to my name so I think at least part of it will become another middle name.

Post # 12
41 posts
Newbee

I guess you can add me too! ๐Ÿ˜€

name changing is a very complicated topic for me, so I won’t go into it (again!), for your guys’ sake.

also, what are the numbers in brackets behind the names of the bees on the waiting list?

Post # 13
105 posts
Blushing bee

Please add me. All signs point towards me being officially waiting!

Post # 14
225 posts
Helper bee

I want to be added please!

I’m a little on the fence about his name, but only for professional reasons. I’m a teacher and my current last name is very easy for my kindergarteners to say, while his is longer and much more difficult. I want his name legally and in social situations, but might still go by mine in school!

Post # 15
198 posts
Blushing bee

I would be happy to take his but unfortunately I think it sounds stupid with my name.  I’m also in my late 20s and have a lot of work-related records in my name, so it would be a very noticeable transition to a sort of silly name. 

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 07/23/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors