(Closed) The Waiting List 07/27/15

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Why are you waiting? What is it he/you as a couple want to achieve before the proposal???
    Waiting for one/ both of us to finish school : (8 votes)
    11 %
    Saving up a specific amount of money : (4 votes)
    6 %
    Saving up for a ring : (19 votes)
    27 %
    Waiting for a specific date : (3 votes)
    4 %
    Waiting for a dating milestone (ex: 1 year) : (5 votes)
    7 %
    Waiting to buy a house : (1 votes)
    1 %
    Waiting so we don't interfere with someone else's engagement : (0 votes)
    I don't know why we're waiting : (23 votes)
    32 %
    Other (explain below) : (8 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 3
    1313 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE

I know he is saving for a ring because he told me, so that’s what I voted for, although we are also waiting until I graduate college in a year and a half but I told him it’s ok to propose before because the wedding will be so far out anyways, so I’m not sure he’ll actually wait that long πŸ˜‰ (here’s hoping!)

For anniversaries we normally treat ourselves to a nice dinner and a movie or do something special together. We rarely give gifts for anniversaries because we’re not very material people and we’re terrible at surprises because we always need each other’s opinions on everything we want! We try to spend time together and go on dates all the time, so anniversaries are more about reflection and celebration of our lives together πŸ™‚

Post # 4
    1 posts
    Wannabee

I’d like to be added to the waiting list, please! 

Post # 5
    5 posts
    Newbee

Oh, add me to the list! I’m in a 4 1/2 year long relationship (it’s normal but at the same time kind of on the long side already where I come from) and my bf started seriously talking about our future/marriage/kids.. so I guess I’m waiting now.

Post # 6
    593 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

Can you add me please? Me and my SO have been together 2 years in December, were picking out rings right now/somewhat wedding planning. We are moving in April and I know he’s gonna ask before then I just have no idea when :/

Post # 7
    48 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2016

#39! We’re offically looking at rings now, so it shoudn’t be too much longer πŸ™‚

Post # 8
    38 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2025

Hi add me please! SO and I have been together 4 years 10 months we’ve been looking at rings and looked again yesterday! 

Post # 9
    101 posts
    Blushing bee

Waiting for me to get another job πŸ™
    We currently work together and although we work in different departments, the president of our company does not “condone” inner workplace relationships.

I’ve done many interviews. It’s not easy to just poof, get another job!

Post # 10
    22 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2016

Hi there – I’d like to be added, though I hope I’m crossed off soon! SO has had the ring for a little over a week and has been adamant that the proposal will be very special, but the suspense is currently killing me! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 11
    358 posts
    Helper bee

When celebrating anniversaries, we typically goout for a nice dinner. Typically, we exchange gifts (something personal- past gifts included a photo book, memory box, engraved picture frame, etc. or an activity such as a concert to go to together). However, this past year, we decided to put the money we would have used on a gift into a shadow box bank that we made for travel funds to be used towards our next adventure together! I really liked this plan because it is something that we really want to do together and we have enough picture frames around the apartment with lovey dovey pictures! haha

Post # 12
    108 posts
    Blushing bee

We actually don’t celebrate anniversaries (which is fine by me)!  Once we’re married, we will celebrate our wedding anniversaries, but we don’t really do anything for dating anniversaries right now.  

Post # 13
    980 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2016 - Blue Hound Farm

I’m just waiting on the proposal at this point. I think the ring has already been shipped and is at his parents house…can’t wait!

Post # 14
    112 posts
    Blushing bee

I answered ‘other’ the reasons/excuses/explations (however you choose to perceive them) have been as follows:

– Not together long enough (4 years dating, 1.5 years living together)

– Weddings are too expensive/don’t want to go into debt (SO is set on large extravagant affair $20k+)

– I am putting too much pressure (bring up as serious convo 1-2 times in past 18 months)

– Want to be settled (not sure what this means but we just bought a house and have moved in etc.)

The topic ‘The Waiting List 07/27/15’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors