(Closed) The Waiting List 07/27/15

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Why are you waiting? What is it he/you as a couple want to achieve before the proposal???

Waiting for one/ both of us to finish school

Saving up a specific amount of money

Saving up for a ring

Waiting for a specific date

Waiting for a dating milestone (ex: 1 year)

Waiting to buy a house

Waiting so we don't interfere with someone else's engagement

I don't know why we're waiting

Other (explain below)

• Post # 16
    121 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 2016

Add me please! I know he bought the ring but he’s waiting a little bit for something he has planned in September, that’s all I know! I’m excited!

Post # 17
    331 posts
    Helper bee

On Sunday, it was our 2nd Year Anniversary and we went SKYDIVING (14,000 ft, over the beach)  !!! Later, we had a delicious and fancy lunch at a revolving restaurant, 33 floors up in the sky overlooking Perth city (Australia). After that, we went for a walk by the swan river then drove home to watch the sunset by the beach. It was an incredible day. <3

Last year, we went to Bali for 2 weeks =)

Post # 18
    606 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    IveBeenDreaming:  We go on weekend trips, no presents. I love it! It’s nice to spend time together with no phones.

Post # 19
    662 posts
    Busy bee

Congrats to all of the newly engaged bees!

We decided to wait until I finished school. I just graduated in June so I assume now it’s just a matter of time (or money). 

As for how do we spend our anniversary, we usually just go out for dinner and/or get each other a little gift.

Post # 20
    3309 posts
    Sugar bee

SO keeps telling me needs to have X amount in his bank account. However, I have a feeling he’s proposing at the end of August on a trip. By then he should DEFINITELY have the amount he wants in his account!

Our relationship was never straight forward right from the beginning, so we almost don’t even have a set anniversary date lol. I just date it from the point we were inseperable. We aren’t big celebrators of anniversaries anyway, IF we actually do remember a significant date we just go out to dinner. Let’s hope we can both remember the date we get engaged and our wedding date HAHAHA

Post # 21
    33 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 2016

You can take 213 off the list! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 22
    3309 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    maddyboo:  You weren’t on the list too long ๐Ÿ™‚ Congrats. Beautiful ring!

Post # 23
    777 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

I voted other because at first we were waiting for him to get secure in his career now that things are on the upside with that I think I’m just waiting for him to pop the question. We discusssd it would be this year and our anniversary/my birthday are coming up in about 5/6 weeks so here’s to hoping it will be when we go away that weekend. We will be together 4 years at that point. 

For anniversaries we usually just have a nice dinner somewhere maybe go to a play. It varies sometimes he just cooks seafood for us and we open a bottle of wine at home and enjoy a wonderful night in. I usually get a gift even if we don’t exchange gifts because it is my birthday and we do give each other birthday presents. this years gift better be that ring hahaha. And 37 oh goodness what number did I predict again I have to go back and check. 

Post # 24
    1402 posts
    Bumble bee

Have I been been on the list a week already? That came around quick! Congraulations to all the new fiancees! 

I have no idea why we’re waiting. I’m unbelievably in the dark and there will be no ring looking or mutually agreeable timelines for engagement for me to go by, because he won’t allow anything less than a total surprise. But we have established we want to get married within next couple of years, so hopefully he’s bright enough to realise what that means in terms of proposing … eg. within the year!

For anniversaris we’ve always gone to the same restaurant, but it wasn’t so good last time, so I’ll be looking to break tradition and try something new – perhaps a short getaway?? 

Post # 25
    219 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2017

I voted for the saving for the ring option. We’ve had sooooo many unexpected things this year that an engagement just hasnt been realstic. We’ve already decided to get married mid to late next year but an engagement will happen this year. ๐Ÿ™‚ just saving for the ring and getting settled into our new lives in a new state. 

Typically, we are the worst at organized gifts. I.e. Anniversary, Xmas, Valentines. We do much better on the whim. But we usually try to go out to dinner and a movie (we both LOVE movies) or go hiking and spend the day in the mountains. 

Post # 26
    47 posts
    Newbee

Please add me to the list. I know he wants to propose, he’s just saving for a ring right now.

Post # 27
    788 posts
    Busy bee

Our anniversary is special to us but we don’t make too big a deal of it. We will usually go out for a nice dinner and maybe get each other a little something to celebrate.

Post # 28
    55 posts
    Worker bee

Please add me to the list! I don’t know why we’re waiting, but at the same time, I think I’ve just become irrationally impatient. We looked at rings 1.5 months ago and I made a secret Pinterest board for him (at his request!) of rings I liked months before that. I essentially told him exactly what I want, but that’s all I know. I’m sure it takes a while to pick out a diamond, get it set, etc., but in my head I just keep thinking “if it were me, I’d be at the jeweler every damn day trying to get this done ASAP!” lol

The topic ‘The Waiting List 07/27/15’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors