(Closed) The Waiting List 07/27/15

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Why are you waiting? What is it he/you as a couple want to achieve before the proposal???
    Waiting for one/ both of us to finish school : (8 votes)
    11 %
    Saving up a specific amount of money : (4 votes)
    6 %
    Saving up for a ring : (19 votes)
    27 %
    Waiting for a specific date : (3 votes)
    4 %
    Waiting for a dating milestone (ex: 1 year) : (5 votes)
    7 %
    Waiting to buy a house : (1 votes)
    1 %
    Waiting so we don't interfere with someone else's engagement : (0 votes)
    I don't know why we're waiting : (23 votes)
    32 %
    Other (explain below) : (8 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 48
    8 posts
    Newbee

I would like to be added to the list please! and thank you 🙂

Post # 49
    44 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2018 - Corn pass roadhouse

Please add me to the list 

Post # 50
    43 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2017

Hi! I’d like to be added to the list…SO and I have been looking at rings, and he knows exactly what I want…so now it’s the waiting game for me! Which is SO hard, now that I know it’s coming…

In regards to the question above, we are waiting until we both graduate college and figure out what we’re doing before we make it official! We’re hoping to celebrate our engagement along with the start of the rest of our lives!

Post # 51
    86 posts
    Worker bee

Hi. New here (though I’ve been posting in the rings forum as it has been my obsession even though I don’t officially have an e-ring yet!).

Our primary reason for waiting is financial: saving for a ring. We started ring-shopping almost a year ago though knew at the time we couldn’t really afford anything we saw (and he didn’t want to finance). As time went I was feeling more and more of the opinion that “maybe we should just get a less expensive ring” but he’s kind of set on the ring he has in mind even if it means waiting.

Saving has been slow for a lot of reasons. First: job instability. (Because of the poor job market here) he’s had a slough of unreliable jobs, and then he finally got a decent job, which he’s been at for several months… but then things went downhill when he and a bunch of his coworkers got laid off a month ago. Things are looking up now; he’s started a new job that pays the bills, and is very close to getting a career-type job (with benefits, retirement, and decent salary) with a union. His interviewers pretty much told him he’s hired; he just has to do a drug screen (which he’ll pass). So, stability is in the forecast. Second barrier has been expenses relating to our new home. It’s a new build, on land owned by his parents but we’re paying rent and the plan is that we will take over the mortgage a few years down the line. We designed the house together, and he helped with a lot of the construction and electrical wiring  (with his dad). It’s a beautiful house, but it’s a constant project, with expenses creeping up every step of the way!

So ya, hopefully in a few months or so I’m hoping he’ll pop the question. I’ll be honest: waiting is really, really hard. I mentioned in the rings forum I kinda went and made my own sparkly ring (that I haven’t showed him– if anything it’s just a pretty prop for daydreaming with, but it is a lovely ring). However long it takes, he is worth the wait because I know he works hard every day, and I’m ever grateful for the home we have and the life we have together. I’m a lucky gal!

Post # 52
    523 posts
    Busy bee

Ohh I missed my own discussion waiting bee thread!

Were waiting to save x no. Of $$$. His specification not mine!! I do kind of see his point though as we don’t currently live together and will be looking to buy before the wedding and house prices are just crazy here!! Also I think it comes down to his need to feel he can provide – arg.

hopefully I can pick up some more work soon and speed it up 😊

The topic ‘The Waiting List 07/27/15’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors