(Closed) The Waiting List – 07/30/2018

posted 12 months ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1296 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

We’re doing a first look. We want those quiet few moments with each other before all the crazy begins.

But we’ve been discussing more and more the possibility of eloping lately.

Post # 4
105 posts
Blushing bee

Definitely save it for the aisle! I want him to be blown away!

Post # 5
354 posts
Helper bee

first look- easier to have pictures beforehand, and we’ll have that moment either way! 

Post # 6
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Kentwood, MI

We’ve decided that we’ll have breakfast together at the hotel, then go to church to get ready separately. I want to make him cry when he sees me walking down the aisle. 😀

Post # 7
382 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2021 - British Columbia, Canada

First look so we can have a few minutes in peace just the two of us

Post # 8
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - Queens, NY

We haven’t actually discussed it yet and the chances are that my boyfriend has no clue that things like First Look ceremonies even exist. We’ll figure it out at some point, assuming we can even afford a wedding. It’s all still up in the air.

Post # 9
299 posts
Helper bee

That’s so hard. I want both! 😂 If only that was possible. Both have so many positives. I think my SO wants to save it for the aisle and I could go either way. 

Post # 10
78 posts
Worker bee

I want to save it for the aisle. It’s my favorite part of a wedding, when the groom sees his bride for the first time. I want to share that joy with everyone.

However the root behind the tradition does bother me sometimes.

Post # 11
383 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2020

Definitely saving it for the isle. It’s my favourite part when the bride and groom see each other for the first time and I wouldn’t want my guests missing out on that.

Also I really don’t see the point of a first look? Like, what would we even do? I don’t want our proffessional photos taken before we are actually married that seems kind of pointless… (for us anyway).

Post # 12
24 posts
Newbee

Save it for the aisle! I know some brides are in a tight timeline and have certain pics they want. I’m not going to be placing a huge emphasis on photography, so whatever I can get in between my ceremony and reception is what we will get! 

Post # 13
166 posts
Blushing bee

First look for sure! I love both the idea of having a private moment together beforehand and for scheduling purposes to get the bulk of photos out of the way to enjoy cocktail hour/reception.

Post # 14
527 posts
Busy bee

I didn’t do a first look with my first wedding, but I think I do want to do it for the second.

Post # 15
354 posts
Helper bee

Add me to the list please! My SO and I designed a custom ring together and he put the order in about 3 weeks ago. The ring will be ready soon, but I have a feeling my SO might wait until my birthday in October to propose.

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 07/30/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors