(Closed) The Waiting List – 07/30/2018

posted 1 year ago in Waiting
Post # 16
93 posts
Worker bee

Please take me off the list!!!! My fiancé proposed last night overlooking the sea on our holiday in Japan 😊😊😊

Very happy!!!

Post # 17
633 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

Please cross me off the list! Yesterday, my fiancé (eee!) proposed on the steps of the beautiful Brooklyn Public Library building.  Afterwards, we walked through Prospect Park before celebrating at a fancy restaurant in New York.

This photo does not do the ring justice – it is very sparkly and the sapphires are a stunning blue.

Post # 19
21 posts
Newbee

First look!!  I want us to walk down the aisle together.

Post # 21
2 posts
Wannabee

Guys I’m off the list! My fiance proposed on 7/31 on our trip to Singapore in a beautiful garden! He surprised me with a photographer/shoot as well but we’re still waiting for those photos. Looking at April/May 2020 for the actual wedding (since we’re going to 3 weddings next year!)

Post # 22
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

Please add me to the waiting list. We went ring shopping in May and the proposal is supposed to be this summer. He’s already spoke to my parents and his! I am playing the waiting game. Its been a long summer. All I want to do is tell everyone our good news but I’m not saying a word until the proposal. Summer is quickly coming to an end and I am on edge!

Post # 23
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2019 - Vineyard in Italy

Hello bees! Can I be added too? Finally found a setting I like, now he only has to go have the center stone set… Gushing on here not to gush IRL!!!

Post # 24
1066 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

Hi! Could I be added to the list please?

We had decided that we wouldn’t get engaged until after I close on my house, and I close on my house today at 2pm! Yay! So I will finally actually be waiting, instead of just waiting to be waiting lol. He has until October to propose, because that’s when we actually want to start seriously planning the wedding (tentatively getting married fall 2019). I’m hoping for a proposal sooner rather than later because I’m impatient lol, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he waited until October because we’re going on vacation to Ireland then. Plus we have a LOT to do with me buying this house, besides just moving. My new house will need some minor cosmetic updates, but he owns the duplex we’re moving out of and needs more extensive renovations done (probably will take about a month or so).

We actually talked about the first look a couple weeks ago. A friend on Facebook posted her first look photos, and I was like, “Oh those are cute photos, it must be their first look.” He was like “what’s a first look?” Lol so he had never even heard of first looks. In the end he said he doesn’t really care either way. I think if we do a first look, we’d do it privately without photographers. I feel like I’d just like a first look to be private. But not sure if we’d end up doing it, I’ve always thought the first time my husband saw me on our wedding day would be when I was walking down the aisle, it’s only the fast few years that I’ve heard about first looks. But the idea of a first look is appealing, so I don’t know…

Post # 25
90 posts
Worker bee

Please add me to the list. My SO bought a ring in February and it’s been back from the jeweler since late March. We have an anniversary coming up towards the end of September, so I’m hoping he proposes by then, but I really have no idea.

Post # 26
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Please take me off the list! Parents dropped some things off at my house and while they were outside, he asked my dad for permission and that was all he had been waiting for. We leave to go grab food and he pulls the ring from the center console! I think I said yes!

Post # 28
3 posts
Wannabee

Please add me to the list, I’ve been with my boyfriend for 6 years. No sign of a proposal anytime soon.

Post # 29
198 posts
Blushing bee

I’m off the list!  Can’t wait for all of you to join me!!! 

Post # 30
2081 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

“Also I really don’t see the point of a first look? Like, what would we even do? I don’t want our proffessional photos taken before we are actually married that seems kind of pointless… (for us anyway).”

The point is to see each other and have pictures taken. I’m not sure why it’s pointless to have pictues taken before you’re actually married? I’m assuming you’ll have pictures taken as you’re walking down the aisle and at the alter, right? The first look captures the moment you actually see each other for the first time dressed up for the wedding, which seems pretty meaningful to me. Our photographer says he gets the most amazing shots during the first look. For us, it’s also about logistics. We want to have as many pictures taken before the ceremony so that we are not fussing around afterwards and making our guests wait too long.

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 07/30/2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors