The Waiting List – 08/27/2018

posted 1 year ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1067 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

Right now the number we’re tossing around is 150 guests. I think it will be less than that though, at least I hope so lol.

Post # 4
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

Please add me to the list! I think he has ring in the apt. and we are doing a romantic getaway this weekend 🤞🏻 Thanks! 

Eta: We’re hoping for about 30 guests. Nice and intimate. 

Post # 5
4 posts
Wannabee

Please cross me off the list! My fiance proposed last week during our holidays.

Post # 6
1296 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I’m off the list as of Friday! (Sorry the picture quality is so horrible.)

My FIANCE 😀 took me out to our local street fair to listen to music, then we drove around town like we usually do, and then we put the kid to bed and hung out in the kitchen for awhile. Just a totally normal night in our life. I told him I was going to bed, and he said “First, will you be the future Mrs. Stewart?” and got down on one knee. I didn’t even look at the ring or say anything, I just grabbed whatever he was holding out, put it on and hugged and kissed him. It was perfect.

He was planning to do it at the street fair itself, but we missed the song he wanted to do it during/after. I’m kind of glad it was just us in our kitchen, as I’m kind of shy. It’s kind of a taste of the rest of our lives.

Post # 7
247 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - Queens, NY

AHHHH I moved up a spot, dragging DaniGirl behind me, lol. If what the jeweler said held true, I *think* my SO has the ring for sure now. Like there’s absolutely no way it would take more than 2 days to get to him from Manhattan when he works in Queens and when I dropped the stone off Friday of the week before last (the 17th), they said it’d likely be shipping around the middle of last week. I thought perhaps he might ask over the weekend when his mom and her boyfriend came up for dinner, but I am honestly SO relieved he didn’t because it was one of the most frustrating nights with them. His mom’s boyfriend was just trying to pick fights with us constantly and it was so, so awful.

But now today he’s like “we should go to the Mansion this weekend!” at me and that’s one of my favorite places in the city because it’s somewhat secluded and it’s very beautiful with the flowers and fountain and all the trees and the mansion itself. We went in July and had a lovely time and while we were there he had mentioned wanting to return, so it isn’t exactly an out-of-the-blue thing and could just be another photo adventure. But it could be more. We’ll see.

As for the question, I want something smallish, under 100 people for sure. I want to at least invite all my cousins and their SOs, though, and them plus the rest of my family alone is nearly 30 people, plus his family and our good friends… I think 50-75 is the rough estimate I’m working with at the moment. We still have to actually figure out our budget, though, and see if anything at all is affordable.

Post # 8
383 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2021 - British Columbia, Canada

No more than 100 – kind of a note of contention as he has a huge family and I have a ton of close friends, but that’s a comfortable happy medium number for us, especially budget-wise.

Post # 9
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: City, State

I’m not sure yet, but I suspect it will be fairly large, 200ish or so. We both like the idea of inviting everyone we know.

Post # 10
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - City, State

Please add me to the list! My SO and I have been together about a year and a half, with plans of buying a house together this fall. From as early as one month together, he has told me I’m The One and he wants to marry me. He was never shy about it and he has actually told all of our friends and family, too!

Now that we’re buying a house together this fall, I feel like it will happen *hopefully* this year? He is very open and unafraid to discuss it, but I’m trying not to bug him about it so that he can do it in his own time and surprise me. 

In the meantime, I’m just going to chat with you ladies so I don’t talk about it too much!

To answer the question above, I’d love to elope on the beach (as I’ve been married before, and planning is stressful), but SO wants our friends and family there. I’ll probably cave and we’ll have about 100 people present as he is extremely outgoing and social with a lot of close friends. 

Post # 11
512 posts
Busy bee

I go back and forth honestly.

One idea we have is to get married on the beach and then have the reception at my aunt’s beach house. If we do this plan, there will be limited guests (mostly family and just our closest of close friends) but this is also the cheapest because of no venue fee and we would do catered BBQ from our favorite place. It’d be pretty small and lowkey, which I’m okay with.

And then the other part of me wants to invite all of our friends so as to not leave them out. I know my SO would want some people there that can’t come if we do the lowkey thing, but it would also be way more expensive and we can’t really afford it without saving a while.

Not really sure what we’ll end up going with. We kinda talk about it here and there but nothing really concrete as, you know, I’m still waiting!

Post # 12
3735 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - City, State

I’m really hoping this is my month… the ring is in the house! 

I would be OK with a smaller wedding since I’ve been married before, but SO hasn’t and is SUPER social and has always envisioned a huge party. It’ll likely be a big awesome small town shebang! Probably 200ish?

Post # 13
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

Add me please!! 

If if it was 100% up to me with no hurt feelings from family or anyone, I would only want about 20-30 guests. As we both have large, close families, we are looking at about 75 guests. I am secret Pinterest board planning a brunch wedding!

Post # 14
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Kentwood, MI

I’m thinking around 125-130 at most. Most likely me and so would pay for the wedding ourselves, so I want to do it at a hotel reception at my church for ceremony. I would pay very little for church, so reception would be the most expensive part.

Post # 15
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - Avon, NC

Please add me to the list.

We would likely do a smaller destination wedding, max 15 people. Reception after at home, maybe 60+.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors