(Closed) The Waiting List 08/01/2016

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: How long do you want your engagement period to be?
    VERY short! : (4 votes)
    8 %
    At least a few months. : (3 votes)
    6 %
    Maybe 6 months to a year? : (14 votes)
    26 %
    Right around a year long engagement. : (12 votes)
    23 %
    A little longer than a year. : (9 votes)
    17 %
    We want a longer engagement...about 2 years. : (11 votes)
    21 %
    3+ Years. : (0 votes)
    Other (describe below)! : (0 votes)
  • Post # 16
    221 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
    icelady :  Ooh that’s gorgeous!  What carat weight is it?  I really, really like delicate/feminine rings and this is beautiful.  CONGRATS!

Post # 17
    145 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2018

I would prefer 2-2.5 years just because of money and college. If I still had epic industry money then 1-1.5 would be great.

Post # 18
    1288 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE

Up to number 32! Still expecting it in September or October, but he might push it out to November/December depending on finances ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m a teacher (currently student teaching, I graduate in December), so a summer wedding would be best, and it’s not gonna be next summer due to finances, plus stuff in our area gets booked so fast. Summer 2018 is what I’m shooting for, so however many months away that ends up being when he proposes it how long our engagement will be ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 19
    492 posts
    Helper bee

Congratulations engaged bees!! I want a long engagement since we currently don’t have funds for a wedding. We going on 5 years this year since he’s trying to save for my dream ring and our future home as well. 

Post # 20
    201 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2020

in the 40’s, whoop whoop!! Please keep me on the list!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE NEWLY ENGAGED BEES!!

Post # 21
    369 posts
    Helper bee

Our engagement period will probably last near 4 years. My only requirement to get married is that he is finished with his Bachelor’s degree. He only started taking classes again this past spring semester so we have a while to go. Not necessarily traditional, but we want as many ducks in a row as we can get before tying the knot. This extended timeline also gives us a chance to save up!

Post # 22
    26 posts
    Newbee

We need to give at leats 6 months notice to the parish we decide to get married in. So that’s probably how long the engagement will be…so I know once the proposal happens it’ll be full steam ahead!

Post # 24
    248 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2017 - Florida

View original reply
    kittymama8 :  the sad news is that most (if not all) churches require a minimum of 6months but I know that our church is booked solid 8-10months in advance. Sigh. 

Post # 25
    346 posts
    Helper bee

Thanks bee lagavulin!  

Fiance indeed chose delicate/feminine engagement ring ๐Ÿ™‚ I feel it goes well with my hand; I love my star!

The specs are #tiffany&coprincesscut smallish finger size 4.5/0.4 ct

Hope you get off the waiting list very soon bee ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 26
    12 posts
    Newbee

I am a bit late in saying this but cross off #91 please! (: . It happened about a week and half ago on a cruise that I was on with my Fiance and my whole family. We went back to our stateroom, just the two of us, after our formal dinner and he proposed to me there. He was too nervous to purpose in front of my entire family. Nevertheless, the proposal was very simple and sweet and just perfect in my eyes. After he proposed we met up in my parents suite and my whole family was already there (I guess he tipped them of that he was going to propose that day). They were all elated and we all celebrated the engagement together. Her is a pic of my ring:

I am sending out engagment vibes to all of you waiting bees out there!!!!! Good luck ladies

Post # 27
    24 posts
    Newbee

Congrats to all the recently engaged bees!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I would like to be added to the list please!

Post # 28
    234 posts
    Helper bee

Oh, I’m 77 now! I have no clue. I’d be up for whatever honestly. Short is nice if it’s an immediately affordable affair. Long would be nice too if it’s something we really wanted and saved up a bit for it. As long as we’re happy, length doesn’t matter. Okay, maybe not too long!

The topic ‘The Waiting List 08/01/2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors