(Closed) The Waiting List – 10/16/17

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
318 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
sakirby :  It depends on how your guy is feeling?   My SO has it all planned and I know the date (which has no significant meaning) and possible location but not sure when or how.   All I can say is I hope the novcaine wears off by the time he proposes.  πŸ™‚  

Post # 4
7555 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

View original reply
sakirby :  The ring should be ready in no more than 2 weeks so either not long after he has picked it up or maybe if he does wait, Christmas? 

Post # 5
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: St. petersburg, FL

I hope by next June, but I would think early next year! We picked out two rings so he can choose between them, so I would say it better happen in the next 8 months since we’ve talked about it and are on the same page (hopefully sooner, though…).

Post # 6
4025 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

Wishing you all luck! My now husband actually proposed on 10/16 two years ago, so I figured I’d send some good vibes your way! 

Post # 7
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Kentwood, MI

My SO and I picked out rings right away and were planning on getting engaged this year, but had too take a pay cut, he said when I’m done with school in June, but part of me hopes for our anniversary end of January or my birthday in April. πŸ™‚

Post # 8
397 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2020 - Windermere, Cumbria

I think before Christmas, now! πŸ™‚ But probably early next year. πŸ˜€ 

Post # 9
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2018

I would guess probably early next year. I’m still hoping a little for a NYE proposal but I think he wants to surprise on some random day. (Today is random, right?)

Post # 10
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

THIS WEEKEND. There has been so many hints. And my BF has already shown me the ring (i posted it…hehe) and has special plans for Friday, told me to get all of my homework done by Thursday, I got a sneak peak of his calendar (I am a total snoop) and it had Friday blacked out for a “Surprise for Paige”. Thursday is our anniversary… So hopefully this is my last week on the waiting list!!

This is gonna be the longest week ever!

Post # 11
15 posts
Newbee

Hi all! I’m very new at this I actually just made an account. My SO and I have been together for 5+ years. We started dating on 06/24/2012 when I was 15 and he was 16. So that makes me 21 and him 22. I am graduating college in December and I hope he proposes shortly after that. However, I think he wants to wait for another year or two. So with that being said I would like to get added to the waiting list and my assumption would be in Decembre of 2018. 

Post # 12
397 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2020 - Windermere, Cumbria

View original reply
paigerino :  How exciting! Good luck, bee. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 13
159 posts
Blushing bee

I was originally hoping for before Thanksgiving, but now I am thinking probably not until early 2018. Usually my SO isn’t super great at being secretive with things and leaves clues that I am able to track, but I don’t know if he has the ring yet and it is driving me crazy even though I am the one who said I didn’t want to know! Haha! Self inflicting waiting anxiety.

Post # 14
763 posts
Busy bee

My boyfriend had hinted that it would be this winter, but I think it’s very possible he will put it off. He has been in a bad mood lately because of his job, and I haven’t been super happy either because I feel like I’m spending all of my time right now waiting (waiting for job interview requests and outcomes, waiting for my boyfriend to feel ready to propose). I hate the idea of censoring my feelings and mood, but I am doing it right now for his sake because I know he is more emotionally fragile than I am. I can handle him moping around and acting distant; he can’t handle me doing the same, so I try not to. 

I think I would be ok with waiting a little longer if I knew he had a plan and was just waiting for the right moment to actually propose. But I know he’s waiting for the “right” time to even start planning, which is going to delay him further. That is frustrating to me. He’s 29 and we’ve been together for almost 11 years, so it’s hard for me to accept that he hasn’t made any concrete steps towards proposing yet. And I just don’t think he understands why this is hurtful to me; he defaults to defensiveness so quickly that if anything I think he feels I’m being hurtful for not just trusting him.

Post # 15
63 posts
Worker bee

THis happened WAY sooner than I expected. I honestly did not think he would do it until December. We were at the beach looking for shells and called me over and said he found the best one and had my ring! We are hoping for an October 2018 wedding. 

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 10/16/17’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors