(Closed) The Waiting List – 10/16/17

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
Post # 17
1356 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

View original reply
turner1510 :  congrats. I love your ring.

Post # 18
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

It happened! Yesterday I went in a little scavenger hunt, where all of my closest friends led me to my favorite places around town, and provided me with clues. We all ended up at my favorite brewery (also where we met!) and there he showed up in a suit and tie and popped the question!! Then we spent the evening celebrating with friends!!

Post # 20
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2018 - Park Winters, Winters, CA

View original reply
sakirby :  

I can happily say that I can be crossed off the list! He proposed today at Muir Woods, in California. I kind of hoped he would ask during our hike there and he did! I’m still very shocked though! We have been together for over 10 years. 😱😍

I can send you a PM in a little bit for the next list, and more bg on how he did it when I gather my crazy all-over thoughts!! I’m super emotional rn. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Good emotions, but dang.

Here’s my e-ring: 

Post # 21
1356 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
paigerino :  yay! A scavenger hunt is so cute and shows a lot of effort. 

Post # 22
1356 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
shannonagins :  yay. Congrats.

View original reply
dook :  a wonderful proposal and I love your manicure. 

Post # 23
27 posts
Newbee

HE PROPOSED!!! 

I didn’t think he was going to do it until Christmas! He had a 6 gram slug of gold that he isolated in his lab from recycled electronics, and he was going to alloy it and make it into a ring for me… but he just couldn’t wait to propose. He asked me to be his wife in our living room and handed me the gold chunk after a day of drinking champagne on the beach! I don’t need a ring when I have the most delightful man on earth.

Post # 24
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2018 - Park Winters, Winters, CA

View original reply
becks90 :  

Thank you!! I do my nails myself cuz I’m cheap, but I think I may slpurge and get an engagement mani! It would certainly take less time! 

Post # 25
260 posts
Helper bee

We talked about it briefly while he was up here for a week. I am hoping for around Christmastime! So exciting 😍

Post # 26
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2020

Strike me off! 10/20

He met me in the kitchen, as soon as I came home from work, looking oddly frantic. He told me he started to paint our bedroom (one of the two rooms we haven’t painted yet) and tried to do it without a drop cloth to “save time”…but he slipped off the step-stool and ended up spilling paint everywhere! 

It was very unlike him to be so clumsy, but all I could think about was how awful the damage to our bed,dressers, and floor must be. In horror  I crept to our bedroom to see it for myself, slowly opened the door…..and did not find the “mess” I was expecting!

He painted his proposal on the back wall above our bed and placed a bunch of balloons near by. I turned around after reading the message,he was down on one knee and the rest is history!

It was very sweet and the best part is that I get to see the proposal every time I walk into the bedroom! I know I’ll be sad when we finally paint over it, but thankfully I’ll still have this sparkly ring (.5ct center E VVs2 size 5.75 finger):

Post # 27
1356 posts
Bumble bee

I’m loving how many engagements have happened this week and long may this trend continue πŸ™‚

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 10/16/17’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors