(Closed) The Waiting List 11/03/2015

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Do you live together?

We don't live together

We live in the same place (campus, apartment complex) but not together

We live in the same house but in different rooms

We are in a long distance relationship (non military related)

We are in a long distance relationship (military related)

We used to live together but we don't anymore

We live together

We don't live together yet, but we will before we get engaged

Other (explain)

• Post # 16
    280 posts
    Helper bee

We did meet earlier in life. I thought he was a creepy old man (26) and he thought I was meh and kind of an air head (19). We hung out for the weekend and talked for a little bit after. He invited me to a party, I blew him off. I mean he was so old!! lol

We met again when I was 25 and he was 31. Everything clicked so much better. We had made our mistakes and we ready for each other. I wouldn’t have minded being ready for him then. I’d be a college graduate, married, done having babies, with a house and a new car. Instead…. I live with my parents, I’m in my 1st semester of college, I have a baby with another man, no car, still dating.

meh. it all worked out so far.  

Post # 17
    184 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2017

I sincerely wish we would have met earlier! I had a long relationship between my divorce and meeting him. That relationship was horrible and while I learned a lot I still wish I could have skipped the whole thing and spent those years with him. I also had a hysterectomy during that time and I truly wish we would have met while I was able to have a baby with him. 

Post # 18
    30 posts
    Newbee

Ooooh, can I be added please?

We are all over the map with those options. We go from months of living in our travel trailer for work (Forestry) together hundreds of kilometres from anywhere to not seeing each other for months! He also owns a house up north in the province and we split rent for a house down south while I finish up school. Last week I actually got the dream job for when I graduate up north. And then we will be “officially” living together.

Post # 19
    189 posts
    Blushing bee

For the question, I am glad I met my SO when I did. I was 15, in a whirlwind of teenage craziness and stupidity. He honestly made me think about what I wanted out of life, and what I was going to do to accomplish my goals. I could easily have gone down a different path had I not met someone worth wanting to change myself for. Yes, I was young, but I don’t regret finding him sooner. It means I get to love him longer <3

Post # 20
    345 posts
    Helper bee

I met SO at the perfect time in my life. I wish our relationship would have started sooner sometimes but I think it was best.I was about 14 when we met, and 18 when we started to get serious. I’m 21 now and I can say I’ve grown as a person because of him. We both help each other and try to work as a team. 

In other news, I’m hoping to be crossed off the list soon. He told me he’s been “looking at things and stuff” on Etsy.

Post # 21
    98 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2017

We definitely met at the right time. I learned a LOT of things in the relationship I was in previously and I don’t think this would have worked without those lessons. I’ve come a long, long was as a partner and I’m glad I met him when I did. Also, I think he probably would have been a bit too wild for me in the past, given some of the stories he’s told me! 

Similarly to MissZ31 I am sincerely hoping my days on the list are numbered. 99% sure he picked the ring up from his uncle this weekend…

Post # 22
    438 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2017 - Bahamas

Can I be added to the list? πŸ™‚

Post # 23
    54 posts
    Worker bee

I would like to be added please!

Post # 24
    54 posts
    Worker bee

SO and I met at the perfect time in our lives πŸ™‚ He was nearing the end of his failing 3-yr relationship with his ex, then he met me and realized that there was more to life than being stuck in a relationship where both parties weren’t happy and didn’t love each other anymore. Needless to say, he broke up with her, I asked him to be my prom date, and the rest is history!

We’ve been dating for almost 7.5 years now, happy and planning our future together. I’m crossing my fingers that I’ll be off the waiting list by the end of 2015 (soon!?), but I know for sure  it will happen before my birthday in April 2016 πŸ˜€

As for the poll q, we lived together for 3 yrs in our 2nd-4th years together (more out of convenience while we were away for university), were semi-long D (3 hours away) for the next two years, and just recently I’ve unofficially moved into his parents’ house, except we sleep in separate rooms. Ah wells, can’t have it all πŸ˜›

Post # 25
    777 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

Still number 25 I can live with that.

Post # 26
    94 posts
    Worker bee

Add me please. πŸ™‚

We had been coworkers for years and went thru a divorce around the same time. I always tell him I wish I had met him earlier in life and he always says, you wouldn’t have liked the person I was before. He is much more confident now and I love that about him!

Post # 28
    99 posts
    Worker bee

Aaaand I’m now #25, the number by which I swore I’d be off this darned list… 

Post # 29
    11 posts
    Newbee

I think we met at the right time for us, I’m 14 months older than him so I’m glad we met when we did (he was 24). Think any earlier and he’d have still been too immature for the relationship.

Although now we’re together I obviously do have it cross my mind that I wish I’d known him his entire life if I could have done πŸ™‚ 

Post # 30
    39 posts
    Newbee

You can take me off the waiting list (#54). He proposed october 17th but I’ve been on cloud 9 and didn’t get to posting earlier. 

He proposed! #54 off the list

The topic ‘The Waiting List 11/03/2015’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors