(Closed) The Waiting List – 11/20/2017

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 16
1737 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
sakirby :  Yeah I hate to say it but you could be waiting a bit, if he’s waiting for financial security. Student loans can eb extortionate and it makes sense to be on a secure financial footing before taking things to the next (and very expensive) step.

Post # 17
15 posts
Newbee

Hi Bees! Congratulations on all the newly engaged Bees! So happy for all of you! No engagement yet and Im not planning on it for another 2 years BUT my BF of 5 and 1/2 years and my father are getting really close and it really warms my heart <3 Im also very close with his entire family as well as he is with mine but there is just something about being an only child and a daddy’s girl and seeing your SO bonding with your father! Just wanted to share lol

Post # 18
60 posts
Worker bee

Sure, I’d like to be added to the list. πŸ™ƒ

Post # 19
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

View original reply
weatherbee :  He told me he has already saved up for the ring and has a plan for how he wants to propose!

So I’m just trying to practice self-control and not ask for any more details! I want to be surprised

LOL within two days embarassed

Take me off the list, please!! This website was absolutely great for when I needed support. 

Thank you <3 

Post # 20
1737 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
weatherbee :  congrats I’d say h definitely had a plan! 

Post # 21
70 posts
Worker bee

Sorry updated with a picture of the ring

Post # 22
70 posts
Worker bee

Sorry updated with a photo of the ring! The propsal was very private and personal and it really meant a lot πŸ™‚

Post # 23
68 posts
Worker bee

Cross me off the list–engaged as of last night, picture to follow πŸ™‚

Post # 25
68 posts
Worker bee

He proposed yesterday after we cooked dinner together, by walking by the river in the city at night, near a fancy concert hall that was beautifully lit in rainbow colors (completely unexpected, the colors!) He told me to bring out the Thanksgiving wishbone from 2 days ago, make a wish, and crack it. He then said “I guess we both know what we wished for” ;P And he got down on one knee. Very private moment. Ring: pear, on size 4.5 finger. I joked to him that symbolically, it was the tears of the past 3-4 years of joy, pain, agony, and everything in between we survived between my mom (see previous threads), life, and general life crazy–and what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger. Thanks for keeping me company throughout this journey folks πŸ˜‰

Post # 26
28 posts
Newbee

Updating with a photo 😊

Post # 27
34 posts
Newbee

He mentioned he’d like to have my ring ordered by Christmas but I’m not sure if we can figure that out financially. We had discussions about how I’d like the proposal (my previous was with a bunch of other people around and I’d like this one to be more intimate.) so I am thinking it will be within the next few months. 

Post # 28
23 posts
Newbee

I would like to be added to the list. I was on this list two years ago and had a few ups and downs with my BF but I think we are moving toward forever! 

Post # 29
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

View original reply
DaniGirl03 :  Nice to know I won’t be waiting alone. Lol very valid reasons. We decided on the year which is also 2019. Once we get engage we will pick a month and day. I’m thinking summer of 2019. I love when it’s warmer out. Good luck!

Post # 30
1737 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
rosembee :  We’ve already picked our date, because we had to line things up for when our daughter is on break from school and travel costs are reasonable. We’ve opted for a tiny wedding/elopement to Las Vegas. So we’ve picked February 15th, 16th or 17th, 2019. We’ll pick on once we know availability of our preferred photographer and preferred chapel. We’re stuck waiting on funds that are tied up in a secure escrow while we buy land and build a house. Due to legalities, we absolutely won’t get married before house is finished. The house should be started latest february/march. He knows we basically need 5-6 months to get everything in place. So absolute latest he’ll put a ring on it is beginning of September for our anniversary. I’ve already got my dress started with the designer I’m working with, because he knows what I want for my dress will take time (going custom, with a local designer) and he’s fine with that.

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 11/20/2017’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors