(Closed) The Waiting List 11/24/15

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Who are you spending thanksgiving with? (even if your country doesn't have thanksgiving THIS week)

With the boyfriend

With his family (immediate)

With his family (extended)

With my family (immediate)

With my family (extended)

With (his/my/our/family) friends

With co-workers

Other (Explain in comments)

I don't celebrate thansgiving/ I'm not celebrating it this year

• Post # 31
    161 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

I’ve been following these forums for a few weeks (since we bought a ring!) but am still technically waiting for the proposal. I’d love to be added to the list!

as for the question, I met his family about nine months in at his birthday, and he met mine.. over a year in at various points? my parents are divorced and live interstate, while his live overseas so we don’t see them as often as most people!

Post # 34
    189 posts
    Blushing bee

Somehow I missed the waiting list update this week! 

Seeing as I suggested the question, I should probably post my answer too it, huh? Lol.

Ok, so here goes… I have been with my SO 6 years, 5 months and some days. I have actually not yet been introduced to his family, other than his siblings, who I met less than a year into our relationship. There is a bit of an age difference (6 years), so meeting the parents immediately was out of the question. Plus they live a ways away and travel frequently. Also,  he doesn’t have a great realationship with his parents. As we are now discussing marriage, I have made it a point that I NEED to meet his mother, at the very least, before we get engaged. 

Parents were out of the state for Thanksgiving (good, because I spend the Holiday with the flu), but we have a tentative plan to travel to them for Christmas Eve this year!! So exciting, because I know that a proposal will not come until I have met his mom (my rules- not his)! I know how impatient he is, so this is good progress 🙂

Edit- They live a couple a hundred miled from us now, but also have a home several states away. 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by  Courtney1993.
    Post # 35
    54 posts
    Worker bee

We started dating in high school and the first time I met his mother was for pictures before winter formal. The first thing she said to me was, “Hi, it’s nice to meet you too. I’m going to have so much fun cropping out how short your dress is. I have to make it appropriate to send to the grandparents.” My dress went down to my mid-thigh. 

We get along just fine now and have gone on girls only shopping trips with my mom, my future Mother-In-Law, and future SIL. 

Post # 36
    491 posts
    Helper bee

congrats engaged bees!

We had lunch on Thanksgiving at his brother’s house with his sister in law’s extended family. Two of his brothers married cousins. We had dinner at my mom’s, it was immediate family only.

I met his mom and the rest of his family like 5 months into the relationship. They (parents) didn’t warm up to me right away. They really liked the old gf instead.

Post # 37
    21 posts
    Newbee

I would like to be added! Hope to get it crossed off by Christmas. Found a jeweler bag!

The topic ‘The Waiting List 11/24/15’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors