(Closed) The Waiting List – 11/27/17

posted 2 years ago in Waiting
Post # 16
1773 posts
Buzzing bee

itsachickenwingthing :  Some of us are waiting close to that year mark, I know mine is at some point between January – September 2018, I joined the list October 2017.

I never understand the whole wanting it to be a surprise. Mine wants it to be a surprise as well, but we’ve had extensive discussions about my ring preferences as well as extensive discussions about marriage, our time line our plans. I don’t think he gets that getting proposed to won’t be surprising. I know it’s coming, how he does it may be a surprise and exactly what him and the jeweler do for my ring may be a surprise but I know it’s coming and I vaguely know what my ring will look like, I designed and sketched it before handing it to him and the jeweler after a very clear discussion with both of them. 

How any man thinks it’s a “surprise engagement” is beyond me? If you’re in a long term committed relationship you’ve most likely discussed your future and where things are heading. lol.

Post # 17
995 posts
Busy bee

@DaniGirl03: It feels so… mundane waiting for me. I am going to be 29 this month. Done about all a girl can do. College, home ownership. Whatever. Besides traveling the world, which I cannot do on my income… There is nothing else I can do… I would like to get married and start a family… when life will become eventful again!

Was his idea but he got me a promise ring at 4 months (A year ago this Christmas). I was like ok great lol. But was not surprised then. I lack outward excitement in comparison to most people.

Maybe I am impatient since we have been almost to the year and a half mark… Just don’t see the point after hitting this age and him 30 years old in life to wait and wait and wait. Otherwise I would like to start seeing the world or traveling more often if I gotta wait forever 🙂

Post # 18
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

My boyfriend had been hinting at a holiday proposal, but last night said  “I don’t want you to be disappointed it will probably be after New Years.” 🙁 

Trying not to feel discouraged, it’s just my favorite time of year! I’m hoping he is just trying to throw me off, but things are also a little tight financially until Jan which may be contributing. 

I also feel like my anxiety of knowing it’s coming soon but no idea how/when is ruining the surprise and romance that I know is really important to him, any tips on how to just relax and enjoy the wait?!

Post # 19
1773 posts
Buzzing bee

itsachickenwingthing :  I get you on that for sure. I turn 35 a few months after our projected wedding date. Though we have a daughter who’s 11, so no more children in our future. But I completely understand wanting engagement ring on hand, plan wedding get married and then having babies.

As women we know we have a finite amount of time before our fertility slowly starts to decrease, and our chances of something going wrong slowly increasing. And that’s if everything is perfectly healthy and ready before you even start TTC. 

Post # 20
18 posts
Newbee

sakirby :  Cross me off the list! I got engaged within the past two months and completely forgot about this list.

Post # 22
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2018

He knows what I want so I try to hush it up. But when I do, HE starts talking about it, and gets me started again! Dont these men realize that we just want a proposal – SOON – An elaborate surprise isnt going to make me happier!

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 11/27/17’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors