(Closed) The Waiting List 12/08/15

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Who initiated your first conversation? You or him?

He did (or he arranged for us to be introduced)

I did (or I arranged for us to be introduced)

We were introduced to eachother without any prompting/arranging by he or I

I'm not sure

• Post # 16
    499 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2017 - Greenspot Farms

We don’t have any pets together since we don’t live together yet (and won’t until we’re married). But he’s super attached to my two fur babies (a dog and a cat), its the cutest thing.

We plan on getting 2 more dogs when we move in together. And horses at some point if we ever can afford it.

Post # 17
    94 posts
    Worker bee

View original reply
    IveBeenDreaming:  thanks! 

Cute fur-babies everyone! A little joy on a Tuesday!

Post # 18
    161 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

View original reply
    IveBeenDreaming:  

haha yes she did actually! we tend to call her everything but her actual name, ranging from bub, little beb, box cat, to yes – catface! she responds more readily to “cat” than to snowball πŸ˜‚

Post # 19
    1287 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE

For the poll, I said I’m not sure, because neither of us remember if we just started talking to each other or if we were introduced. We met at a social function in college and we don’t remeber how we stated talking but we know that’s where we met.

We have a cat named Gracie!

We were together for about 6 months when we got her, we didn’t plan on getting her, we adopted her from a friend who was either going to adopt her out or give her back to humane society they got her from (not on my watch!) I would love to have more, but she’s a very finnicky cat who is very shy and doesn’t get along with other animals very well, so if we want another animal it will have to wait until we have a house so she has room to escape is she needs to. We love her very much, her nickname is Gracie Goose or Goose for short πŸ™‚

Post # 20
    274 posts
    Helper bee

142 ready to be crossed off πŸ™‚

He asked me while we were out for dinner in Niagara Falls. It wasn’t really a surprise but we have plans to surprise our family Christmas morning. That’s right- I am NOT wearing my brand new ring right now. It is hidden in my underware drawer.

Post # 21
    54 posts
    Worker bee

View original reply
    KrisMarch:  Yay congrats!! πŸ˜€ 

BF and I aren’t living together atm, so no pets together. I have a chinchilla (used to have 3, but the others passed), but BF never really had any pets, other than a hamster for a little bit when he was a kid. Mostly because Future Mother-In-Law has pretty bad allergies, and unfortunately, BF claims to also have an allergy to fur – he doesn’t really care for animals either πŸ™

This makes me super sad, cuz I absolutely love all kinds of mammals and always wanted to adopt at least 2 cats/dogs (LOVE them both!). He said he’ll let me have a bunny in our future home.. but it’s not the same πŸ™

Post # 22
    301 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
    IveBeenDreaming:  Your guess is as good as mine. Her adoption papers say “Pug Chihuahua Pekingese mix”. I definitely see Chihuahua, but not sure on the other two. πŸ™‚

Post # 23
    1459 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

136! Amazing πŸ˜€ congrats everyone ^^

I have 2 rabbits – Ayla (see username and profile pic) and Harry.

Ayla and her sister (who sadly passed away) were an impulse buy by my ex and I adopted Harry during my current relationship to keep Ayla company πŸ™‚ bf likes to consider them both our pets equally but I do 90% of the work and pay all their bills πŸ˜‰

We’ve got a hamster together as well – Dovahkiin – but again I do most of the work :3

View original reply
    miijoo:  just want to chip in and say rabbits are very comparable to cats and dogs *if* you’re prepared to research and care for them properly (you really need at least 2 as an initial pointer) πŸ™‚ though if your SO is allergic to cat and dog fur he’ll just as likely to be allergic to rabbits? So it doesn’t make much sense on his part.

Post # 24
    13 posts
    Newbee

Please add me to the list!! BF and I are nearing our 5th anniversary and we set a timeline for this spring!

Post # 25
    189 posts
    Blushing bee

Congrats to all the newly engaged bees!! 

For the poll, I selected We were introduced to eachother without any prompting/arranging by he or I, because we met at a party and the homeowner (drunkenly) grabbed us both and introduced us, along with several others. We just hit it off, and carried the conversation elsewhere. Lol. 

For the Discussion question, Yes, we have had a few pets together. The first addition to the family came when we’d been together about a year, and we adopted a mix breed pup, Chomper. Due to living arrangments, Chomper moved when he was about 2, to my BF’s family’s home a few hundred miles from us, and we have not beem able to see him as often as I’d like. We also had a red nose pit together, Lucky, who we lost to cancer last month. 

Post # 26
    54 posts
    Worker bee

View original reply
    AylaRabbit:  I do love rabbits as well (follow bunnymama on Instagram!), and they shouldn’t be toooo different from caring for chinchillas. SO’s allergy is pretty mild, and he’s agreed to let me use one of the spare rooms in our future home to keep any small pets πŸ™‚ I’m thinking 2 rabbits and 2 chinchillas? Of course I’ll be doing all the work, and he likely wouldn’t even step in there haha. My fingers are crossed that he’ll grow to love them and one day we can get a cat/dog as well! I need to look into whether or not that’s even possible for someone with mild allergies tho…

Post # 27
    301 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
    catface:  We do this to my dog! I swear she has fifty different names. Turd, Turdington, Foofy, Foofington, $***head, Poobrain, Neener, Neenus, Neenus the P****… lol we do love her, I swear!

Post # 28
    757 posts
    Busy bee

Please add me to the list! It’s probably gonna be a while

yet but I’m jumping in. 

Post # 29
    272 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2018

Do you have any pets together? Yup – one little cat! How long were you together before that happened? It was 3 months after we moved in together — almost 2 years after we got together (: 

Post # 30
    38 posts
    Newbee

We haven’t gotten any pets together, but he has adopted my 5 year old cat. We keep talking about getting another kitten together, but we aren’t sure if the original would like a baby sister/brother so much-she kind of enjoys her only pet status haha. Someday we definitly want a dog, but right now neither of us are home enough to make that happen. 

The topic ‘The Waiting List 12/08/15’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors