(Closed) The Waiting List -12/11/2017

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 16
1532 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I am not on the list anymore but genuinely never thought of a wedding as a kid. It was only when I began dating my Fiance that a wedding entered my thoughts, not even past relationships. My in-laws to be genuinely thought we were just going to elope at some point (something I would have loved :p) but those around us wanted a wedding.

Post # 17
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2018

View original reply
DaniGirl03 :  My partner and I just talked yesterday and settled on a September 2018 wedding–so there is definitely a proposal in my near future! I am so excited! Would love to be added to the list. 

Good luck waiting, ladies! Keep your nails on point. wink

Post # 20
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

I’m almost positive my proposal is coming by the end of January, I’m hoping for before New Years, but I don’t think he has pulled the trigger on the ring just yet because we had a surprise car repair bill this month, but I also think he’s been trying to throw me off his trail haha. I work Christmas and Christmas Eve though (yay nursing lol) so New Years might be more likely since I’m off that night, although we are celebrating with both of our families together on the 23rd (my family has a yearly party and his parents are invited) making it a great time to announce if he gets the ring in time. I have a nail appointment for tomorrow, haven’t gotten my nails done in over a year, the suspense is killing me if you can’t tell!! 🙂 

Our official timeline is by our anniversary in April, but he’s assured me he doesn’t plan on waiting until then, I might actually go crazy. 

In terms of dreaming of a wedding, I really didn’t until I met my current boyfriend. Shortly after our second anniversary we had the official “talk” where we discussed at length wanting to get married and developed a loose timeline for engagement/wedding/kids. Since then I’ve been dreaming and pinning like crazy haha. I originally thought I wanted a rustic barn style wedding, but realized that’s not really “me” even though it’s trendy and beautiful.

I would love a garden or waterfront outdoor ceremony with a tented or indoor reception (PNW can be unpredictable). Planning something on the smaller side for both financial and personal reasons since I can get overwhelmed in large groups of people (hoping to stay at or below 50, but realistically my hard max is 75, thankfully neither of us have terribly large families, but I’m already worried about kids aond +1’s ruining me haha), haven’t entirely ruled out a destination wedding, but feeling guilt over asking my guests to fork over so much cash – gives me a perfect excuse to keep things small though. Seattle also has some really cool industrial event spaces that are affordable and on my list to check out after the official proposal, I didn’t think it was my thing until my friend got married in one and it was fantastic (and affordable)! I have also toyed with the idea of a Vegas wedding because we love Vegas and it’s actually the place where we had that “we are getting married” talk since we spent our anniversary there, would love to hear how your planning goes DaniGirl03!

So basically, I’m still all over the place, but I have lots of ideas to explore! I’m doing my best to not plan anything concretely and just look/dream for now so that I can truly enjoy the planning process when I’m officially engaged and not feel “weird” about it (not that it’s weird to plan pre-proposal, I”m just an awkward person).

Post # 21
34 posts
Newbee

Ring is on it’s way here! I am not allowed to look at it when it gets here (Monday?) and I have no idea when he is going to propose. He keeps joking that he is going to drag it out to drive me crazy. I told him that I will not bug him about it so we will see 🙂

Post # 22
837 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

May I be added to the list? I know a proposal is a handful of months out, but we had the timeline talk recently and I might as well join.

Post # 23
34 posts
Newbee

I’m engaged ! Remove me from the waiting list. My proposal was just a simple will you marry me in my office at home but my ring is beautiful.

Post # 26
311 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Can I be added to the next list please? I know it’s coming, and he said December, but I think it’ll be more like the end of January. Here’s to hoping sooner though! 

Post # 28
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - Caesar\'s Palace - Las Vegas

Please cross me off the waiting list.  I’M ENGAGED!!!!!  He poposed in Las Vegas on 11/19/2017 and we’re getting married at Caesar’s Palace in Vegas on New Year’s Eve – 12/31/2017!!!!  

(I posted the story and photo under the engagement boards, if you want the details!!!!)

Blessings to the engaged and married Bees and well wishes to those Bees that are waiting….your time is coming!!!!

Post # 29
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

You can take me (#29) off the list! After 8 years together, he proposed today at the Carlyle House garden in Old Town Alexandria under the guise of meeting up with some friends for brunch.

He said a little bit about how we’ve been raising our pug for a while together and how he hoped that we could be together to raise more pugs in the future (lol) and then got down on one knee. There was a photographer waiting to capture the moment and even do a photo shoot after where our friend we were supposedly meeting up with came and surprised me by bringing our pug (in a bow tie!) so he could be in the photos too~

The topic ‘The Waiting List -12/11/2017’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors