(Closed) The Waiting List 12/14/15

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Are you expecting a winter proposal this season?
    Yes! : (27 votes)
    36 %
    No : (17 votes)
    23 %
    Maybe? But probably not : (26 votes)
    35 %
    I have no clue : (0 votes)
    I'm trying not to guess when its going to happen, thank you very much! : (5 votes)
    7 %
  • Post # 32
    14 posts
    Newbee

IveBeenDreaming:  Could you add me to list please?

I selected Maybe, but probably not. SO has basically said sometime with the next few months, but not this Christmas or probably winter. He teased me with the idea of a Christmas proposal but we are very open and honest about things and truth be told, Christmas has been too expensive this year for him to buy a ring now! Of course he could be trying to throw me off the scent as he is away this weekend getting my gift with a friend. He also knows a snow covered proposal would make me ecstatic so you never know! Trying not to let my hopes get too high, though!

Post # 33
    114 posts
    Blushing bee

Please add me to the list!! I am officially waiting!! 

Post # 34
    519 posts
    Busy bee

Take #178 off the list please!!! On a long weekend away he popped the question when we checked into the hotel with a rose petal turn down and champagne! 

Post # 35
    777 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

I just moved past the number he guessed. He said 24 and now I am 23 he better hurry up lol. We will be at my grandmother’s house for Christmas Eve per family tradition and I don’t think we are doing anything on Christmas day. I hope we can just relax and I can clean. I HOPE I AM GETTING ENGAGED!!!! LOL but if not I will try not to kill anyone and enjoy the rest of the day. haha. 

Post # 36
    46 posts
    Newbee

My SO and I have agreed to spend Christmas Eve with my family, and Christmas day with his. We try to keep it low key and relaxing since he works retail and I work in a bakery so we’re both a little burnt out.

Post # 38
    210 posts
    Helper bee

I’m not doing gifts this year (aside from BF) so I plan on sleeping in, eating breakfast, and sleeping some more. Lol! I got him tickets to a play he wanted to see that’s coming to town and he happened to see an advertisement and asked if I wanted to go… So I had to tell him not to buy tickets. If I had said ” no I don’t want to go” he probably would have just went without me. So he ruined his Christmas gift but he’s super excited to go!

Post # 39
    66 posts
    Worker bee

IveBeenDreaming:  Can you please add me to the list? Thank you!

I voted “Maybe, but probably not” in the poll. I originally thought that it might happen around New Year’s, as we will get the chance to spend time with both our families over the holidays and have a room at a cute little B&B for New Year’s Eve, but my boyfriend is closing on a new house the first week of January, and it is probably best if he waits until after closing on the house before purchasing an engagement ring.  Unless he bought the engagement ring before he bought the house…I don’t know! He is keeping me in suspense.

We currently live in different states, and decided it would be best to have a house and to be engaged by the time I move up there next summer. Now that the house is almost a done deal, I am just waiting for the engagement, but since we live in different states there are limited opportunities for him to propose! We will be together December 25-January 10. After that, the next time we will be together is over Valentine’s Day. I have also tried to get him to hint at when it will happen, by suggesting “maybe we won’t get engaged until March or April?” and he just says “maybe, or maybe sooner.” The anticipation is delightful and kind of torturous all at once. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Post # 40
    65 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

I haven’t checked in since the fall list cleanup, and now I’m #61! Yikes. I haven’t even been on the list that long. Congrats to all the recently engaged bees!

Post # 41
    486 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2016

It happened!!! I’m engaged ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll post a thread in the waiting board on it. 

Post # 42
    181 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2018

Just joined wedding bee to hopefully sell my bridesmaid dress and discovered this board. My boyfriend and I have been together for about 4 years now. He’s about 4 months away from graduating pharmacy school and already has a job offer. He’s almost done being a poor college student so hopefully my long wait is almost over! I want a moissanite so maybe even sooner than I think? I showed him the specific ring I want and he commented on how he could possibly afford it now. I’m trying not to get my hopes up too soon but it’s getting harder. Good luck to my fellow  waiters!

The topic ‘The Waiting List 12/14/15’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors