(Closed) The Waiting List – 12/18/2017

posted 2 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: Chula Vista Golf course

Ya, I want my dad to walk me down the aisle and my parents and step parents to give me away. 

Post # 4
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

You can add me (back) onto the list — I dropped off at some point, but our timeline is by the end of July, so coming up pretty soon!

My current situation is that over this past week, he has texted 4 of his out-of-town friends, called his parents, and had dinner with an in-town friend to tell them all that he is planning to propose and he said that he told them his plan as well. He also told me that he has told various coworkers as well (and he’s not close with his coworkers). I’m thrilled he’s telling people, but also makes me wonder why now?? I know he hasn’t bought the ring yet and isn’t planning to propose over the holidays — a couple of our friends got engaged a few days ago and he said to me afterwards, “Your ring size is still 5.75, right? Let me know if that changes, because I’ll be ordering your ring in the next couple months!” So what’s with telling everyone all at once right now?! I’m dying to know! Even though it doesn’t really matter.. I’m just so curious! I’m thinking it’ll happen in either March or May, since we have a couple of little trips planned then, but we will see. He’s at dinner with his friend right now and said I couldn’t come because he wanted to “tell him about some things”, so I’m sitting at home wondering what on earth the plan is and why he’s telling everyone about it this week. Maybe so they don’t expect it to be over Christmas and to pre-empt any questions of “so are you guys engaged yet?” though I don’t know that any of them would do that… So really, who knows. 

Anyway, mini-rant over. I’m just excited is all 🙂 I’m planning for my dad to walk me down the aisle, I had never really considered any other scenario! 

Post # 5
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

Oh oops I’m still on the list! I didn’t see my name. So just keep me on there then! 🙂 Thanks!

Post # 6
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

I would love to have my dad give me away. Sadly he doesn’t live in the country so i have decided to ask my older brother. I think my proposal is sooner then I thought. My SO got the ring online. It’s being shipped out. I came across the order by accident. I’m sooo excited and nervous!!! 

Post # 7
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

He bought the ring!!!!! I’m literally dying with excitement and it’s so hard to be chill and just go about my business lol, eeee!!! 

In terms of being given away, I think I want my mom to walk me down, my dads not in my life and my step dad is amazing but they aren’t officially married (it’s just an easier title since they’ve been together so long) and I met him as a young adult (I was 20) so it feels a bit…forced? I’m actually pretty stressed over how to handle parent dances. I know my Future Mother-In-Law will be heartbroken if we forego entirely but only doing one for them feels weird, for some reason dancing with my mom feels weird too, as does my “step dad” as we aren’t the touchy types haha. 

Post # 8
672 posts
Busy bee

I guess my old man. I don’t know yet. I have a step dad but no. lol 

I don’t know if I can rely on my dad to even show up to an elopment. Always some excuse with him. 

Post # 9
215 posts
Helper bee

I want my dad to walk me down the aisle and give me away. I might have my mum join us maybe. We will see! But defintely my dad.

samanthrae414 :  What if you did the father of the dance with your FFIL? If you are close that is lol It could be like them welcoming you into the family and it could happen at the same time as the mother/son dance. A bit out of the box, but he will be the closest thing you have to a father it sounds like. 

Post # 12
672 posts
Busy bee

DaniGirl03 :  I wish my dad … and mom… would welcome therapy with open arms!

They both have been divorced since I was ~17 years old. I am now 29 and they still b*tch about each other to me. So 12 years later….. “Your mom drove me to drink so that is why I am an alcoholic”… “Your dad did this and your dad did that”. LOL.

Dudes… shut up… 

I just start ignoring them when they do this. But yeah… negative parents. siiighhh 

Them both being in the same room brings me panic attacks! 

Post # 13
30 posts
Newbee

I thought I was on the list, but I don’t see my name. Which is fine since mine finally proposed on 12/16/17! 

The topic ‘The Waiting List – 12/18/2017’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors